We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Access data from hidden column client side on select

If you have hidden columns in the grouping grid, is there any way to retrieve the data in those columns in the client side record click handler? I use the following attribute:

ClientSideOnRecordClick="rcd_clicked(this)"

...however, in the rcd_clicked function, the hidden columns are missing from the ROW object. I was able to successfully get the hidden column data by hiding the rows in this manner:

...this works alright, except on a client callback or a postback of anysort, I guess since the columns are already hidden at that point, so for whatever reason, they don't render.

Anyway, I need the data from those hidden rows on client side select whether it is init, postback, or callback. Is there any way to get this?

Thanks so much for your help.

1 Reply

RS Rajarajeswari S Syncfusion Team November 1, 2008 02:21 PM UTC

Hi Todd,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

When a column is hidden we can get the hidden column values , by accessing the particular cell value from the cell collections.

document.getElementById('TextBox1').innerText = gridObj.Row.tableRow.cells[2].innerText;

Here cells[2] denotes the hidden column cell.

Please have a look at the attached sample which illustrates this.

Regards,
Raji

HiddenCol_c40d5272.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon