We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Improving custom cell performance

I have implenented a custom cell type in the GridControl. If I accesss two different properties for that cell, like:

If customCell.property1 = True AndAlso customCell.property2 = False then Exit Sub

This causese two access to the StyleInfoPropertyStore. Is there a way to cache the access to the SIP store so that the seond access is quicker?

3 Replies

NA Nisha Arockiya A Syncfusion Team October 17, 2008 07:19 AM UTC

Hi Tim,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

On checking a sample application in different versions we were able to find the performance going down in all versions, the reason being you are trying to set the style properties for the cells in grid by indexing the row and colindex. The recommonded way is to use the QueryCellInfo event to set the style properties for the desired cells instead of indexing large amount of cells to set style properties.

Please let me know if this solves the issue.

Regards,
Nisha

TM Tim Mostad October 17, 2008 08:13 PM UTC

I am confused by your response. While changing the way I write the properties for my custom cells might make a difference, I do it so rarely that it will probably be almost nothing compared to the example I asked about.

What I want to know is if there is a way to speed up read performance and as far as I know the method you describe won't affect that. Or if it does then explain to me how? Otherwise I would appreciate an answer to the question I asked. Thanks.

NA Nisha Arockiya A Syncfusion Team October 21, 2008 07:16 AM UTC

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the updates.

Are you accessing any fields using GridModel??If so, try using GridData which improves the performance significantly.

Please provide a sample reproducing this issue if this doesnt serves your need.

Regards,
Nisha

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon