We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

ToolBar separators and word wrap

Is there a way to easily add separators between items in a toolbar (without adding my own ImageOnly item)?

Also, is there a way to disable word wrapping for the text of toolbar items?

Thanks,
Terry

3 Replies

RP Rekha P Syncfusion Team October 10, 2008 09:44 AM UTC

Hi Terry,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

Without using image for separators in ToolBar, we can give Text="|" in item collections like,

The ToolBarItems can be disabled by specifying the property Disabled="True", please refer the below code snippet,

or in code behind,

ToolBar1.Items[2].Disabled = true;

or using clientside event,
ClientSideOnItemSelect="ItemSelect(this)" ClientObjectId="ToolBar1ClientObj" >

and in javascript
function ItemSelect(oData)
{
ToolBar1ClientObj.SetDisabled(oData.HtmlID, true);
}

Also please refer the below link for online sample which illustrates the above two conditions and the sample files can be downloaded from 'Download source',
http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Tools.Web/6.3.1.8/77044-ToolBar/main.htm

Please let me know if this sample helps you.

Thanks,
Rekha

TF Terry Foster October 10, 2008 05:32 PM UTC

Thank you for the response. For the second question, I was really asking how it's possible to disable *word wrapping* for text in a toolbar item, not disable the toolbar item itself. For example, if I have a toolbar item that says "Add New", by default it is being rendered as:

Add
New

which is not what I would expect or hope for.

Thanks,
Terry

RP Rekha P Syncfusion Team October 13, 2008 04:02 AM UTC

Hi Terry,

The property 'TextWrap' is used to make word wrapping for a text in a ToolBar item. Please refer the below code snippet to achieve this,

and it can be disabled using Disabled="True".

Hope this code helps you and please let me know if you have any concerns.

Thanks,
Rekha

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon