We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

problem with converting danish letters (å ø æ) text in pdf

Hi syncfusion.
Iam using HtmlConverter converting html to pdf. The problem is that when i convert danish text with letters(å ø æ), I get strenge text i the pdf. The question is how to make HtmlConverter understand the danish letters.

5 Replies

SS Sri Subhashini M Syncfusion Team October 14, 2008 01:20 PM UTC

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query to us.

I am afraid that I was not able to reproduce the issue. Please refer to the following steps that I tried to reproduce it.

1. Created HtmlFile which is having danish letter
2. Converted the Html file as PDF

And also I have tried the below speciifed website which contains danish text, Essential PDF generates the document without any issue.

http://www.cisg.law.pace.edu/cisg/text/danish.html

I have created a simple sample to test this issue and it is available in the following link.

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/PDF.Windows/F77022/Pdf_Window_77022.zip

Please have a look at the above sample and if still the issue exists, could you please try reproducing it in the above sample or send us the html file so that we could sort out the cause of the issue and provide you a solution?

Regards,
Suba

JD Josef Daood October 16, 2008 11:25 AM UTC

Hi Suba
you are Absolutely ret. The problem was with the string-html encoding and not with the htmlConverter. Sorry it was my mistake.

however can you answer another question about how to make the htmlConverter works in multi threads asp.net.
avoiding using AspCompat="true" in the aspx page.

SS Sri Subhashini M Syncfusion Team October 17, 2008 12:47 PM UTC

Hi,

Sorry the delay in getting back with you.

We can make use of the HtmlConverter without including AspCompat="true" in the aspx page by using Threading.

Kindly use the below code snippet,

Thread t = new Thread(new ThreadStart(converter));
t.SetApartmentState(ApartmentState.STA);
t.Start();

Please of find the simple sample from the below specified location and let me know if this helps,

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/PDF.Web/F77022/Pdf_Web_77022.zip

Regards,
Suba

AS Alexander Shapovalov November 24, 2009 01:07 PM UTC

Hi tell me please how can I use Response after using this code
Thread t = new Thread(new ThreadStart(fromUrl));
t.SetApartmentState(ApartmentState.STA);
t.Start();

because I have error message
Server cannot append header after HTTP headers have been sent

Thanks,
Alexander.

DG Divya G Syncfusion Team November 26, 2009 08:43 AM UTC

Hi Alexander,

Sorry the delay in getting back with you.
I am afraid that I was not able to reproduce the issue. Could you please send us the sample so that we could sort out the cause of the issue and provide you a solution?

Regards,
Divya.G

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon