We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

DatetimePickerAdv and nulls

I recently made some functional changes to an Windows app I wrote using earlier versions of Syncfusion. Currently I run 5.2.0.25.

In earlier versions I hard coded my insert statement. My DateTimePicker Control worked fine. The control was initially null and I displayed "" in the nullstring property.

I then modified my code to use tableAdapters and the .AddNew() method. Now, rather than displaying the nullstring, the control displays the contents of the record on the screen when addnew() was fired. I started debugging immediately after the .addnew() and found some strange values. It displays 1/1/1753 in watch. But when the screen refreshes, it displays the most previous records contents as I mentioned. Data writes correctly. I want the nullstring to show on new records. I can't have optional fields filled in. Thus far my research indicated I can't assign a null value to a dateTimePicker.

Any ideas what is going on?

Thanks,

Tom

3 Replies

HK Hemaladha K Syncfusion Team October 6, 2008 06:54 AM UTC

Hi Tom,

As you do not currently have a subscription for technical support, this incident will now be closed. If you are actually the sole user of that license and would like it transferred to your account, please email salessupport@syncfusion.com with that request. To reinstate its subscription coverage, you can place an order online at https://www.syncfusion.com/sales/order/renew_expired.aspx.
If you have any questions about how to proceed, please be in touch.

Regards,
Hema

TA Tom Affholter October 6, 2008 01:28 PM UTC

Why does that pertain to forums? Do I no longer get to post here? We continue to get updates here at the college.

Thanks

FS Fathima Shalini P Syncfusion Team December 1, 2008 12:15 PM UTC

Hi Tom,

Thank you for your update.

Please followup the incident 50218 for more details regarding this issue.

Please let me know if any concerns.

Regards,
Fathima

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon