We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Using GridBoundColumn Collection Editor

I wish to display some of the columns in a table (not all), so the collection editor seems ideal for this. When I add individual columns and connect to the field in the table, each cell displays three question marks. I think this has something to do with null values, but I can't find any documentation on this. Also, I would like to resize the column but am unable to do so. Please advise. RAF

1 Reply

CB Clay Burch Syncfusion Team August 16, 2002 08:30 AM UTC

The most likely reason for getting the ??? is that the MappingName property for the GridBoundColumn has not been set. This MappingName is what tells EssentialGrid which column you want to map to this position in teh GridDataBoundGrid. If this is empty, or if it is misspelled (it is case sensitive), then you will see these ???. So, normally, the minimal properties you need to set for a GridBoundColumn is the HeaderText and the MappingName. You can manually set the column widths using the ColWidths member of the Model property of the GridDataBoundGrid. For example, to set the column width of column 1 to 100 pixels, use ’VB.NET Me.GridDataBoundGrid1.Model.ColWidths(1) = 100 //C# this.gridDataBoundGrid1.Model.ColWidths[1] = 100; If you want to autosize the columns to fit the text, you can call the ResizeToFit member of the ColWidths class. You can pass in any range you want to resize. This code does the whole table. ’VB.NET Me.GridDataBoundGrid1.Model.ColWidths.ResizeToFit(GridRangeInfo.Table) //C# this.gridDataBoundGrid1.Model.ColWidths.ResizeToFit(GridRangeInfo.Table);

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon