We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

GridGroupingControl Problem : URGENT

Hi,
I'm using a GridGroupingControl that is bind with a Custom BindingSOurce (binded to a bindinglist) inherited from a BindingSource. I'm also using a custom notification of Changes in the list by using the SimulateListChanged method. I have a timer that send 200/300 notifications ItemChanged to the grid each second.

Everything works fine.

The problem is when I group the grid by column and I change the sort between two columns of different type, the grid throw an exception :

System.ArgumentException: Object must be of type Int32.
at System.Int32.CompareTo(Object value)
at Syncfusion.Grouping.Internals.SortColumnComparer._Compare(Object x, Object y)
at Syncfusion.Grouping.Internals.SortColumnComparer._Compare(SortColumnDescriptor columnDescriptor, Object x, Object y)
at Syncfusion.Grouping.Table.bindingList_ListChanged(Object sender, ListChangedEventArgs e)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridTableBase.bindingList_ListChanged(Object sender, ListChangedEventArgs e)
at Syncfusion.Grouping.Table.SimulateListChanged(ListChangedEventArgs e)
at Cac.Atr.Services.UI.RTGridGrouping.RTGridBindingSource.NotifyPropertyChanged(Int32 index, String propertyName) in C:\Projets\Sources\Framework\Cac.Atr.Services.UI.RTGridGrouping\Cac.Atr.Services.UI.RTGridGrouping\RTGridBindingSource.cs:line 61
at Cac.Atr.Services.UI.RTGridGroupingControlTest2.TestForm.RefreshOneValue() in C:\Projets\Sources\Framework\Cac.Atr.Services.UI.RTGridGrouping\Cac.Atr.Services.UI.RTGridGroupingControlTest2\TestForm.cs:line 159
at Cac.Atr.Services.UI.RTGridGroupingControlTest2.TestForm.refreshValueTimer_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Projets\Sources\Framework\Cac.Atr.Services.UI.RTGridGrouping\Cac.Atr.Services.UI.RTGridGroupingControlTest2\TestForm.cs:line 172
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Is there a way to correct this, or what can I do to prevent this problem.

Thanks
Simon.

2 Replies

SK Simon Kakon September 29, 2008 09:52 AM UTC

Hi,
Sorry I forget to precise that I m using UseOldListChangedHandler = true.

Thanks

>Hi,
I'm using a GridGroupingControl that is bind with a Custom BindingSOurce (binded to a bindinglist) inherited from a BindingSource. I'm also using a custom notification of Changes in the list by using the SimulateListChanged method. I have a timer that send 200/300 notifications ItemChanged to the grid each second.

Everything works fine.

The problem is when I group the grid by column and I change the sort between two columns of different type, the grid throw an exception :

System.ArgumentException: Object must be of type Int32.
at System.Int32.CompareTo(Object value)
at Syncfusion.Grouping.Internals.SortColumnComparer._Compare(Object x, Object y)
at Syncfusion.Grouping.Internals.SortColumnComparer._Compare(SortColumnDescriptor columnDescriptor, Object x, Object y)
at Syncfusion.Grouping.Table.bindingList_ListChanged(Object sender, ListChangedEventArgs e)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridTableBase.bindingList_ListChanged(Object sender, ListChangedEventArgs e)
at Syncfusion.Grouping.Table.SimulateListChanged(ListChangedEventArgs e)
at Cac.Atr.Services.UI.RTGridGrouping.RTGridBindingSource.NotifyPropertyChanged(Int32 index, String propertyName) in C:\Projets\Sources\Framework\Cac.Atr.Services.UI.RTGridGrouping\Cac.Atr.Services.UI.RTGridGrouping\RTGridBindingSource.cs:line 61
at Cac.Atr.Services.UI.RTGridGroupingControlTest2.TestForm.RefreshOneValue() in C:\Projets\Sources\Framework\Cac.Atr.Services.UI.RTGridGrouping\Cac.Atr.Services.UI.RTGridGroupingControlTest2\TestForm.cs:line 159
at Cac.Atr.Services.UI.RTGridGroupingControlTest2.TestForm.refreshValueTimer_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Projets\Sources\Framework\Cac.Atr.Services.UI.RTGridGrouping\Cac.Atr.Services.UI.RTGridGroupingControlTest2\TestForm.cs:line 172
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Is there a way to correct this, or what can I do to prevent this problem.

Thanks
Simon.

SR Sri Rajan Syncfusion Team September 29, 2008 01:30 PM UTC

Hi Simon,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Please create a DirectTrac Incidents for urgent supoprt issues. Direct Trac would be the best way to receive timely support, one-one contact with an expert engineer, alerts when incident is updated and escalation choices.

please let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Regards,
Srirajan.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon