We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Disabling a toolStripItem from Quick Access Toolbar customization

Hi

I have some toolStripItems on my ribbon that I do not want to be placed in the Quick Access Toolbar.

Is there a way to prevent a toolStripItem from being displayed in the Customize Quick Access Toolbar dialog, or something of similar effect?

3 Replies

FS Fathima Shalini P Syncfusion Team September 17, 2008 07:29 AM UTC

Hi Michal,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Products .

It is possible to prevent a ToolStripItem to be added to the QuickAccessToolBar using the QuickItems_BeforeAddItem event. Please refer to the following code snippets and the sample that illustrates this:

void QuickItems_BeforeAddItem(object obj, RibbonItemEventArgs args)
{

if (args.Item.Text == this.toolStripEx1.Items[2].Text)
{
args.Cancel = true;
}

}

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Tools.Windows/PreventAddingQUickItems/main.htm

Please let me know if any concerns.

Regards,
Fathima

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 17, 2008 09:38 AM UTC

Hi Fathima

I'm afraid that user might be confused with this solution.
The items are displayed in the customization dialog and can be added to the list of items that will be added to the quick access toolbar. Only after clicking the OK button I can prevent the item from being added to the quick access toolbar.

The user might be confused with the lack of items he thought that he added to the quick access toolbar.

Is there a way to not display an item in the customization dialog?

>Hi Michal,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Products .

It is possible to prevent a ToolStripItem to be added to the QuickAccessToolBar using the QuickItems_BeforeAddItem event. Please refer to the following code snippets and the sample that illustrates this:

void QuickItems_BeforeAddItem(object obj, RibbonItemEventArgs args)
{

if (args.Item.Text == this.toolStripEx1.Items[2].Text)
{
args.Cancel = true;
}

}

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Tools.Windows/PreventAddingQUickItems/main.htm

Regards,
Fathima

HK Hemaladha K Syncfusion Team September 18, 2008 06:50 AM UTC

Hi Michal,

Thank you for the update.

In the present we don't have built in support to prevent or disallow the item in the Customize Quick Access Toolbar dialog. We are planning to include the support for " Customize the Quick Access Toolbar Menu items " for RibbonControl Adv in the upcoming release (Volume 4). This will be available by October 1st week.

Regards,
Hema

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon