We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

OrgChartLayoutManager

Hi,
I'm evaluating a component for automatic generation and also custom editing organization charts. Therefore I'm playing around with the OrgChart example program in LayoutManagers section [Build 6.3.0.30].

To have edged connectors I've modified the ConnectNodes method for creating orthogonal connectors instead line connectors:

private void ConnectNodes( Node parentNode, Node childNode, Color connectionColor ) {
if ( parentNode != null && childNode != null )
{
//LineConnector lConnector = new LineConnector( PointF.Empty, new PointF( 0, 1 ) );
OrthogonalConnector lConnector = new OrthogonalConnector(PointF.Empty, new PointF(0, 1));
lConnector.HeadDecorator.DecoratorShape = DecoratorShape.Filled45Arrow;
lConnector.LineStyle.LineColor = connectionColor;
lConnector.CentralPort.ConnectionsLimit = 10000;
parentNode.CentralPort.TryConnect( lConnector.TailEndPoint );
childNode.CentralPort.TryConnect( lConnector.HeadEndPoint );
this.diagram.Model.AppendChild( lConnector );
this.diagram.Model.SendToBack( lConnector );
}
}

Additionally I've changed the Layoutmanager to an OrgChartLayoutManager instance:

private void MainForm_Load( object sender, System.EventArgs e ) {
PopulateNodes( );

//this.diagram.LayoutManager = new DirectedTreeLayoutManager( this.diagram.Model, 0, 60, 80 );
this.diagram.LayoutManager = new OrgChartLayoutManager(this.diagram.Model, 0, 60, 80);
this.diagram.LayoutManager.UpdateLayout( null );
}

The result looks pretty good...

I deleted the connection between two nodes (e.g. 'David Jones' and 'Sue Davis') and recreated it using the 'Draw Link' tool from toolbar.

- The resulting diagram has now a connector in front of 'Bob Smith' which is ignored by Layoutmanager ('Update Layout' had no effect) [Image 1]

-> Trying to move the line into the right position resulted in a line having several 'useless' points [Image 2]
I was only able to remove these points even with moving the 'Sue Davis'-Node around and pressing the 'Update Layout'-Button. The result was still not what I expected [Image 3]

Is this the normal behavior in OrgChart diagrams or have I something made wrong?
Is it possible to reroute single connections using LayoutManager ?

Regards,
Marco Birbaumer

Images_785c694a.zip

1 Reply

J. J.Nagarajan Syncfusion Team September 12, 2008 01:37 PM UTC

Hi Marco ,

We regret for the inconvenience caused.

I was able to see this issue and it seems to be a bug in OrgChartLayoutManager. I have logged defect report in this regard. I will get back to you with the time frame for this issue on or before 16th September, 2008.

Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention.

Thanks,
Nagaraj

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon