We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

ChartSeries.Summary has no data?

I am trying to get the Min/Max X/Y values for all series in the chart. The code I am using to get that is here:

For Each s As ChartSeries In _ChartControl.Series
XMax = Math.Max(XMax, s.Summary.MaxX)
XMin = Math.Min(XMin, s.Summary.MinX)
YMax = Math.Max(YMax, s.Summary.MaxX)
YMin = Math.Min(YMin, s.Summary.MinX)
Next

All series have been created using:

Dim series As ChartSeries = c.Model.NewSeries(SeriesName, Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Chart.ChartSeriesType.Area)
Dim model As New ChartDataBindModel(dt, dt.TableName)
model.XName = "DataDate"
model.YNames = New String() {SeriesFieldName}

series.SeriesModel = model

I have checked and the data table underlying indeed has nonzero data for all x and y values, and is displaying properly with data in the chart. But the series.Summary has all those min/max's equal to zero.

Any ideas?

3 Replies

MA Manohari Syncfusion Team September 10, 2008 03:23 AM UTC

Hi Robert,

Thanks for your interest in syncfusion products. I have tested for this issue and was not able to reproduce this issue. The Summaru values are returned correctly. Please refer to the sample used for testing this issue in this link below.

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Chart.Windows/F76434/main.htm

Could you please let me know if I am missing something. If the issue still exist, Is there any possible way for provide us with a sample that could reproduce this issue. SO that it will be more helpful for us to analyze and provide you with better solution at the earliest.

Kindly let us know if you have any questions. Thanks for your patience.

Regards,
Manohari.R

RA Robert Avery September 12, 2008 06:15 PM UTC

I tried your sample, and it indeed did NOT work. I am using VS2008 with Syncfusion version 6.3.0.6.

Attached is a screenshot.

MA Manohari Syncfusion Team September 13, 2008 07:11 AM UTC

Hi Robert,

We regret for the inconvenience caused. I have tested for this issue in Version 6.3.0.6 and was able reproduce this issue with ChartSeries.SummaryInfo. However I am glad to inform you that this issue has been fixed in our later version (from version 6.3.0.30 and above).

You can download the later versions from the following link.

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/product/versionhistory.aspx

Unlock key:

If your Essential Studio license is current, you will be able to obtain the key to install this version from your account in DirectTrac. Otherwise, please contact your Syncfusion Sales Representative or e-mail salessupport@syncfusion.com

Kindly let us know if you have any problem in this version. Thanks for your patience.

Regards,
Manohari.R

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon