We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

GridListControl case sensitivity in GDBG

When using a GridListControl cell type, the "hookup" between the grid's data source and the data source set in the StyleInfo for the bound column seems to be case sensitive.
This is inconsistent with the "stand alone" MultiColumnComboBox which doesn't appear to be case sensitive.
Is there any way to adjust the GridBoundColumn so that the grid cell value could be, say, "XYZ" and match records in the list control data source where the value might be "xyz"?

I've derived from GridDropDownGridListControlCellModel and GridDropDownGridListControlCellRenderer in the hope that I could override FindItem and FindItemExact but I guess those are just for autocompletion.

As always, thanks for your help,
Mark

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 4, 2008 09:47 PM UTC

I found a post where someone else seemed to be having the same problem and there was a sample app to try. I downloaded it, made a few minor changes to it and I'm unable to reproduce the issue I'm having in my app in the sample app so it muct be a problem in my own application.
I'm just having a hard time figuring out what.

cheers,
Mark

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 5, 2008 04:12 PM UTC

OK, I think I got it. Posting here in case anyone else runs into this.

Our DataSource isn't a table or DataView but a class that implements IBindingList and, currently, doesn't support searching (SupportsSearching method returns false).
I guess the grid checks for SupportsSearching and just calls that IBindingList objects Find if it does.
If it doesn't (as in our case), I guess it tries to find it in a non-case sensitive way.

NA Nisha Arockiya A Syncfusion Team September 10, 2008 11:35 AM UTC

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your update. I will go ahead and close this now. Please feel free to get
back to us if you have any other concerns.
Thanks for choosing and using Syncfusion Products.

Regards,
Nisha

>OK, I think I got it. Posting here in case anyone else runs into this.

Our DataSource isn't a table or DataView but a class that implements IBindingList and, currently, doesn't support searching (SupportsSearching method returns false).
I guess the grid checks for SupportsSearching and just calls that IBindingList objects Find if it does.
If it doesn't (as in our case), I guess it tries to find it in a non-case sensitive way.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon