We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Multicolumn Combobox

All,

I am using a multiple column combobox to show a user a selection of records. The issue is that after using the combo box several times only the outline of the drop down combox box can be seen. The solve this problem the user has to exit the program and sometimes reboot the computer. I think that the issue has something to do with use of windows resources. Is this an known issue and is there a specific fix?

Scott

3 Replies

HK Hemaladha K Syncfusion Team September 8, 2008 09:29 AM UTC

Hi Scott,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

I am afraid that I was not able to reproduced the mentioned issue.

Please refer to the below sample.
http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Tools.Windows/F76364/main.htm

If I am missing anything, could you let me know the assembly version, so that could work out in depth and provide you a better solution?

Please let me know if any concerns.

Regards,
Hema

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 17, 2009 06:00 AM UTC

I have had this problem also, was able to reproduce the problem 99% of the time on demand (why every once and a while it didnt occur beats me)

i was using a simple sql select

Dim sSQLtext As String = "select 'ID' = ContactID, 'ContType' = contType, 'FullName' = contFullName from CONTACT"
objDatatable = objDatabase.GetRecordset(sSQLtext)
mccb1.DisplayMember = "ID"
mccb1.ValueMember = "ID"
mccb1.DataSource = objDatatable

This was fine, the mccb worked fine.

I then delete a contact from the database, and call the exact same code again, the result was the the mmcb showed "system.data.datarowview" and the dropdown appeared white with or without a scrollbar or a outline rectangle appeared with a no inside (whatever was under showed) but the area was selectable as if it had just failed to display, but was there in either case.

My SIMPLE fix (took me 2 to 3 hours to find it tho lol!) was to add
objDatatable.Rows.Clear()
to the start of that code, the mccb trips off with selectedindex changed etc when you clear the datatable so of course be aware of events you might be trapping etc.

FS Fathima Shalini P Syncfusion Team March 17, 2009 09:09 AM UTC

Hi Dave,

Thank you for your update.

I have tested the issue by modifying the sample provided in your previous update. But I am afraid that I was not able to reproduce the issue. Could you please provide me the following details so that I could work in depth and provide you a solution at the earliest?

1) Is this issue reproduced with the simple sample or is it reproducing only in your application? If this issue is reproduced with the simple sample, could you please provide us a minimal application so that we could work out in depth and provide you a better solution?

2)We have tested the issue in version 7.1.0.30. Could you please let me know the version of assemblies that you are using?

Please let me know if any concerns.

Regards,
Fathima

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon