We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

error in javascript CallbackControl.js

Dear syncfusioners,

we're developing an asp.net application using syncfusion EssentialStudio 6.3.0.30.
we started with version 4.x, and since 6.2 or 6.3 we detected a strange behaviour.
left handside we have a treeview with nodes-objects in it, right handside we have an updatepanel embedding a multipageview showing details of the node-object.
starting the app the first node/ root node is selected. When we then select another tab in our multipageview without selecting another node, an error occurs -
"invalid html argument" -
and it steps into a javascript-ressource at line "oEl.removeChild( oNode );".
I found out that it was the CallbackControl.js under C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\[Version]\Web\Shared.Web\Src\CallbackControl\Scripts making this trouble.
And in there, it was the function 'SFCallBackControl_DestroyTree'. I compared this version with version 6.1.0.34 and found a smart difference:
6.3.0.30:
if( oNode.control && oNode.control.dispose && ( typeof(oNode.control.dispose) === "function"
if( oNode.dispose && ( typeof(oNode.dispose) === "function") )

As I had no clue what this script ist doing i simply copied the whole function from the old version into the new version, recompiled the Syncfusion.Shared.Web_2005-Project, copied the newly generated shared-web.dll into my web-project, compiled, ran, tested and --- no more errors at this point!

So, can you please try to reproduce this behaviour, repair this part and/or tell me if i made this script worse than better?

thank you

sascha

3 Replies

MW Melba Winshia Syncfusion Team August 5, 2008 10:47 AM UTC

Hi Sascha,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

I am afraid that I was not able to reproduce the issue. Also I have created a simple sample to test this issue and it is available in the following link:

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Tools.Web/6.3.0.30 /Tools_ASP_TreeView_75525/main.htm

Please have a look at the above sample and if still the issue exists, could you please try reproducing it in the above sample and send us the modified sample so that we could sort out the cause of the issue and provide you a solution?

Thanks,
Melba

MS Mr. Sascha Wald August 6, 2008 06:37 AM UTC

Thanks Melba,

I was not able to reproduce this behaviour in that example.
Therefore I changed the connection to another database in my app, and there also no error occured. So its a strange combination in db and javascript-result...
I will keep an eye on it, but for now I will do no further investigation.

Thank you
sascha

RP Rekha P Syncfusion Team August 7, 2008 08:11 AM UTC

Hi Sascha,

Thanks for the update.
Please let me know if you have any other concerns.

Thanks,
Rekha

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon