We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

ComboBox Index?

Hello, I have a column in my gridcontrol that contains a ComboBox. My application supports multiple languages, therefore I would like to check the SelectedIndex of the ComboBox instead of the actual text value. Is there a way I can get the SelectedIndex of the embedded ComboBox? Thanks, Andrew

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 30, 2003 12:29 PM UTC

I would like to suggest a setup where you use a DisplayMember and ValueMember for the combobox cell. The ValueMember can be the selected index. The DisplayMember the text that is displayed in the cell. See the C:\Suite16\Grid\Samples\CellTypes\ComboboxCells sample. Scroll down to "ComboBox with Customers table". The original list that you could be changed to an arraylist where each element has a id (the key) and the value that you want to display. Let me know if you need more info. Stefan

AN Andrew September 30, 2003 12:50 PM UTC

Thanks, I'll try this method. > I would like to suggest a setup where you use a DisplayMember and ValueMember for the combobox cell. > > The ValueMember can be the selected index. The DisplayMember the text that is displayed in the cell. > > See the C:\Suite16\Grid\Samples\CellTypes\ComboboxCells sample. Scroll down to "ComboBox with Customers table". > > The original list that you could be changed to an arraylist where each element has a id (the key) and the value that you want to display. > > Let me know if you need more info. > > Stefan >

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon