We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

a usercontrol in a Snap?

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

75286 Jul 18,2008 03:09 PM Jul 25,2008 06:14 AM ASP.NET Web Forms (Classic) 5
Tags: Tools
Evan Bossett
Asked On July 18, 2008 03:09 PM

I am trying to put a custom user control which i wrote inside of a "snap" control and then raise an event from within my control to the page which contains it.

I have a Master page which has the Snap controls in it. Inside one of the Snap controls, i have my "DoStuff" control which has a Button in it.

When i push the Button, I want to raise the event to a "Content" page

Should this be possible? I can't seem to find the event inside the "Snap" to handle it.

Thank you

Rekha P [Syncfusion]
Replied On July 22, 2008 08:54 AM

Hi Evan,

Thank for your interest in syncfusion product.

Yes this is possible to raise an event inside the Snap control using the CallbackPanel. Please refer the sample in the below link which illustrates the above:

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/user/uploads/F75286_SnapControl_5664209e.zip

Please try this and let me know if this helps.

Regards,
Rekha

Evan Bossett
Replied On July 22, 2008 10:12 AM

Thank you for your response, but this isn't exactly what i was looking for. I wanted to have a usercontrol IN my Snap control.

MasterPage contains Snap Control
Snap Control contains MyUserControl

MyPage (based upon Master Page)
Content

Then i want to handle a MyUserControl event in the Content page of the MyPage.

In your example, user control contains the Snap control which has only a Button inside it (not a customized user control)

Please let me know if you could provide an example showing the example as I explain it.

Thanks again.

>Hi Evan,

Thank for your interest in syncfusion product.

Yes this is possible to raise an event inside the Snap control using the CallbackPanel. Please refer the sample in the below link which illustrates the above:

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/user/uploads/F75286_SnapControl_5664209e.zip

Regards,
Rekha

Rekha P [Syncfusion]
Replied On July 23, 2008 07:04 AM

Hi Evan,

As per your request, I have updated the sample with MasterPage containing Snap Control and the Snap Control contains the UserControl. I have added button control in the usercontrol and when the button is clicked, the event from the UserControl is raised to the ContentPage. I hope this solves your concern. Please refer the updated sample in the below link.

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/user/uploads/F75286_SnapControl_41982a2.zip

Regards,
Rekha

Evan Bossett
Replied On July 23, 2008 12:10 PM

I am using version 4.402.0.51

I get error "unknown server tag" for CallBackPanel.

is it not supported at 4.402.0.51?

Rekha P [Syncfusion]
Replied On July 25, 2008 06:14 AM

Hi Evan

In version 4.402.0.51, the CallbackPanel is referenced in ' Syncfusion.Web.UI.WebControls.Tools' namespace. Please change your namespace in Register tag for Shared.Web assembly as:

<%@ Register Assembly="Syncfusion.Shared.Web" Namespace="Syncfusion.Web.UI.WebControls.Tools" TagPrefix="cc2" %>.

Also please refer the screenshot in the below link which illustrates the above:

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/user/uploads/sampleimage_b9740b84.zip

Thank you for being patient.

Please let me know if you have any concerns.

Regards,
Rekha

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;