We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

RibbonWindow Title and Background

How do I change the colour of the WindowTitle and Background colour using XAML without using the method:
Ribbon.SetActiveColorScheme(ribbonwindow, customcolor);

Default it is the Office2007 Blue.

I used to be able to just change the XAML

9 Replies

BA Balavasanth Syncfusion Team July 17, 2008 06:36 AM UTC

Hi Fred,

"SetActiveColorScheme" is not a method and its a way to call the attached property "ActiveColorScheme" through C# code. You can make use of the above mentioned attached property to achive your requirements like follows.

syncfusion:Ribbon.ActiveColorScheme="Yellow"/>

Thanks for your interests in Syncfusion products.

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Thanks,
Bala Vasanth.

FY Fred Yip July 17, 2008 06:49 AM UTC

Thanks, it looks like it changed more than just the WindowTitle's colour (but it looks like it has some opacity applied to it too).

I affected the DockHeader colours as well.

Is it possible to just change the WindowsTitle font colour?

BA Balavasanth Syncfusion Team July 17, 2008 09:27 AM UTC

Hi Fred,

That's great. Normally we can't set the foreground for the window title. Anyhow we consider this as a feature for ribbon window and it will be available in our development build on 21st of july. We have noticed that you are a licenced user. If you are a Syncfusion customer under subscription, the best way to obtain technical support is by creating an incident in Direct-Trac so that you can get us a faster reply from us.

Thanks,
Bala Vasanth

FY Fred Yip July 18, 2008 02:09 AM UTC

Can the background colour of the RibbonTitleBar be changed too?

BA Balavasanth Syncfusion Team July 18, 2008 07:45 AM UTC

Hi Fred,

As per the Microsoft Office2007 UI guidelines, we never allow to change the background color of the ribbon window title bar separately. Currently we are working on chromeless window control implementation, which will have complete window customization support. This chromless window will be available in our Vol4 release.

Thanks,
Bala Vasanth.

FY Fred Yip July 23, 2008 12:03 AM UTC

I just did a comparison with the Word 2007 Ribbon TitleBar behavior.

When I expand to Maximized mode, the title of the text turns White - so that the contrast of the text and the dark titlebar background has better contrast.
But SyncFusion RibbonWindow Titlebar's text stays DarkBlue aginst the darkblue titlebar background. It is very hard to read.

In normal window mode- the text of the title bar is black.

BA Balavasanth Syncfusion Team July 23, 2008 02:06 PM UTC

Hi Fred,

This is Vista OS Theme engine default behaviour. However, we are working on providing foreground support for Ribbon window title bar. This feature will be availabe in our August refresh build scheduled on second week of August.

As I mentioned previously, we are working on giving chromless window support and this will also be available in our August refresh release.

Thanks,
Bala Vasanth.

GS George Sterg March 17, 2015 02:24 PM UTC

Is there any update regarding the background of the RibbonWindow? I am using the Office2013 VisualStyle but i want to change the background color.

MS Mariappan S Syncfusion Team March 20, 2015 08:20 AM UTC

Hi George,

In our RibbonWindow we don’t have direct property to change the background but we can change by using the RibbonWindow template.

We have prepared a sample for the same in which we have changed the RibbonWindow Background using the RibbonWindow Template in this sample we have used two ColorPickerPalette to change the BackStage color and RibbonWindow Background. Please download the sample from the following location.

Sample link: RibbonSample.zip

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards,
Mariappan S.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon