We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Editing Hierarchial Grids

I am trying to edit a cell in a master-detail data bound grid. After I edit the cell and step out of it the grid blanks out and I get a big red X across the grid. I also get a dialog which says "There is no Original data to access." The hierarchy is set up as follows: this.gridDBMaster1.DataSource = dsAccounts; this.gridDBMaster1.DataMember = dsAccounts.Tables[0].TableName ; // returns the new hierarchy objects GridHierarchyLevel hlInstruments = this.gridDBMaster1.Binder.RootHierarchyLevel; GridHierarchyLevel hlPositions = this.gridDBMaster1.Binder.AddRelation("InstrumentToPosition"); Has anyone come across this message? Are hierarchial grids editable?

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 29, 2003 06:36 PM UTC

The message "There is no Original data to access." usually indicates that somehow the grids reference to a related list is somehow out of sync with the underlying tables. The tricky question is why did that happen. Can you provide us with a sample and steps to reproduce the problem so that we debug into it and analyze why that happens? You can open a support incident for this. That would be the easiest. Stefan

EB Erlly Bayuelo September 30, 2003 10:30 AM UTC

I debugged the problem further and it is not really related to the master-detail setup. I tried to use the datasource as a single table grid and the problem persisted. I got around the problem by copying the datasource and then attaching it to the grid : DataSet ds = dsOriginal.Copy() grid.DataSource = ds This seems to work even with a master-detail hierarcy setup. Therefore, I think it is not a grid problem but somehow there is something wrong with that particular dataset.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 30, 2003 12:22 PM UTC

Ok, if it works with a copy of the original object (the dataset) I have the feeling that somehow that original dataset is disposed/closed while the grid still has a reference to it. If that can happen using a copy of the object is a really good idea. Stefan

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon