We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

GUI designer problem, error page shown

With the new .25 version I am getting an error when trying to open the GUI designer, but not from the start. I have added some SplitContainers and a Diagram, PaletteGroupBar, PropertyEditor, OverviewControl. And this is what is shown(translated from the german Visual Studio 2008, hope it is something similar in the english version):
The object of type Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.XPMenus.XPMenusProvider cannot be casted to Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.IContextMenuProvider
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.MenuProviderFactory.CreateContextMenuProvider()
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.GroupBar..ctor()
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Diagram.Controls.PaletteGroupBar..ctor()

This did not happen from the start. But it started after I had fiddled around with the XPToolBar from Syncfusion, which I had accidentally used(I actually wanted to use the standard Toolbar from Dotnet). Since then and even after deleting the whole bunch of files for this UserControl and creating the Control from scratch made the error reappear. I am really desperate here :-(

Regards,
Bernahrd

1 Reply

BJ Bernhard Jahn July 9, 2008 11:54 AM UTC

Ok, it seems I had forgotten to reinitialize the Toolbox of VS2008 via the Dashboard. And there was some version mixing of the Syncfusion library. Anyway, error disappeared. Note to self: whenever I update a GUI library, reinitialize the toolbox as well.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon