We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Index into child table

Hi,

I'm using a grid grouping grid with a parent and child table.

I have two questions.

1. If I know the contents of a field in a child table Ie. value of the name field is "Bob", is there any way to search for that field in the grid and get the row and column values of that field in the child table outside of an event?

2. If I have that row and column index, how can I access the cellstyle of that field in the child table outside of an event?

1 Reply

SR Sri Rajan Syncfusion Team June 30, 2008 10:49 AM UTC

Hi Nick,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

1. If I know the contents of a field in a child table Ie. value of the name field is "Bob", is there any way to search for that field in the grid and get the row and column values of that field in the child table outside of an event?
2. If I have that row and column index, how can I access the cellstyle of that field in the child table outside of an event?
>>>>
In GridGroupingControl, It is not possible to search for a field in the grid or accessing the cellstyle of a field outside of an event. you can achieve this either through QueryCellInfo event or PrepareViewStyleInfo event. GridGroupingControl does not supports cell handling like GridControl(ie.., this.gridControl1[1,1].BackColor=Color.Red; is possible only through QueryCellInfo in GridGroupingControl(e.Style.BackColor=Color.Red;))

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Regards,
Srirajan.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon