We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

tooltip position problem

Hi Experts

i am using syncfusion 5.2 for plotting charts. i need to show tooltip on line graph and scatter graph. i try that with fancytooltip but it not showing me that properly. the attached image will clear more.

plz help me if it is possible to shoe the tooltip on the exact position on the point mouse is pointed.

Thanks
Dalvir Singh

tooltip_d6feb66b.zip

1 Reply

MA Manohari Syncfusion Team July 1, 2008 05:14 PM UTC

Hi Dalvir,

The behavior with FancyToolTip is suspected to be a defect and and have forwarded to our Development Team and we will be working on this with maximum priority. You can track the progress of this bug fix in this link below.

Defect #10814 - Fancy ToolTip is not displayed at the correct position.

However, it is possible to display normal ToolTip at the correct Point position.
By setting the ChartControl.ShowToolTips property and the prepare style event as given below.

this.chartControl1.ShowToolTips = true;

protected void ChartControlSeries_PrepareStyle(object sender, ChartPrepareStyleInfoEventArgs args)
{
ChartSeries series = sender as ChartSeries;
if (series != null)
{
args.Style.Text = string.Format("Value is {0}", series.Points[args.Index].YValues[0]);
args.Style.ToolTip = "[X= Day " + series.Points[args.Index].X.ToString() + ", Y= " + series.Points[args.Index].YValues[0].ToString()+"]";
args.Handled = true;
}
}

I have attached a sample illustrating the same in this link below.

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Chart.Windows/F74766/main.htm

Kindly let us know if this meets your requirement. Thanks for your patience.

Regards,
Manohari.R

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon