We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

CellsChanging Event

I have a form with a grid which has some comboboxes in them. I need to do some actions when the user selects values from the dropdown, but this event seems to fire only when the user clicks out of the cell that was changed. Is there any way to get the notification immediately after they select a value from the list?

5 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 25, 2003 06:50 PM UTC

Does CurrentCellCloseDropDown or CurrentCellChanged work? Check out also the CellTypes\ComboBox sample that ships with Essential Grid. There you can click on the "Enable Tracing" checkbox at the bottom-right corner. Then you will see all the events that are raised while the user edits a combobox and changes selected items in the list. Stefan

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 25, 2003 07:03 PM UTC

Maybe I'm missing something. I'm looking at the "Sample Browser", and under "Quick Start" I see a "CellTypes" sample, but nothing about enable tracing. I hadn't seen currentcellclosedropdown, I'll try that now...

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 25, 2003 07:28 PM UTC

Thanks, now I'm catching CurrentCellCloseDropDown, and calling EndEdit, which is triggering OnGridCellChanging.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 25, 2003 07:32 PM UTC

Thanks, now I'm catching CurrentCellCloseDropDown, and calling EndEdit, which is triggering OnGridCellChanging.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 25, 2003 10:10 PM UTC

I meant this sample: C:\suite16\Grid\Samples\CellTypes\ComboboxCells Stefan

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon