We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Syncfusion component exception

Hello,

I am receiving these Syncfusion component exceptions. I am running processing the grid model through a web service and occassionally receive these errors. Once I restart IIS the problem goes away for a temporarily. If someone could shed some light as to why these exceptions would occur it would be helpful. The formula being computed seems to be a nested if.

Please let me know any details you can.

Nick

Syncfusion component raised an exception

Input string was not in a correct format.

FormatException
Stack Trace: at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
at System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridFormulaEngine.RowIndex(String s)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridFormulaEngine.GetValueFromGrid(String cell1)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridFormulaEngine.GetValueFromArg(String arg, Boolean returnString)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridFormulaEngine.ComputeConcatenate(String range)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridFormulaEngine.ComputedValue(String formula, ArrayList circCheckList)

Syncfusion component raised an exception

invalid expression

ArgumentException
Stack Trace: at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridFormulaEngine.ComputedValue(String formula, ArrayList circCheckList)

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 26, 2008 01:45 AM UTC

Here is just an educated guess that you can try to see if it has any affect on this issue.

Somewhere in your server code before you start processing the grid model, try explicitly setting these properties:

GridFormulaEngine.ParseDecimalSeparator = '.';
GridFormulaEngine.ParseArgumentSeparator = ',';

If this code prevents this problem, let us know and we can tweak some things in our library code to handle this issue.

If this code does not affect this issue, can you post the exact formula that is trying to be computed. Getting a sample that we can debug would be the quickest way to resolve this issue.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon