We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

tool tip / OnQueryCellStyleInfo

I am trying to figure out creating tool tips / cell info boxes when a user hovers over a cell. I understand there is an OnQueryCellStyleInfo event. However, I am unsure about when this event fires? It seems as I am going through the debugger, it fires by itself without doing anything on the user's part. Initially I thought this event fires when the user hovers the mouse over a cell. Also, it seems like when you hover over a cell, this event fires for every column in the cell too? Any ideas about this event?

Thanks!

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 14, 2008 01:19 AM UTC

QueryCellStyleInfo is raised anytime a cell style is needed for any reason. This means it is raised anytime the grid repaints, anytime you move the mouse over the cell (so the particular cell properties are known in case the cell needs some special mouse UI feedback).

To set a cell tip dynamically, you can use e.Style.CellTipText = ?????? in this event. This way, when the mouse hover event happens, QueryCellStyleInfo is raised to get the style so the tip can be shown.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon