We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

BindingList<ParentObject> bound to grid question

Hi all,

I have a BindingList attached to a grouping grid. Each parent object may or may not be an instance of a child object (Child1 : ParentObject, Child2 : ParentObject)

Child1 has a property called ChildOne and Child2 has a property called ChildTwo.

Is there any way to show ChildOne and ChildTwo in the grid taking into account that such a property may not exist (since the object can be ParentObject, Child1 or Child2)

Thanks,
Jack

4 Replies

SR Sri Rajan Syncfusion Team June 4, 2008 01:00 PM UTC

Hi Jack,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Here is the minimal sample which implements you requirements.
http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/grid.windows/F74189/main.htm

Please let me know if this helps.

Best Regards,
Srirajan

TE test June 4, 2008 02:02 PM UTC

Hi all,

I have a BindingList attached to a grouping grid. Each parent object may or may not be an instance of a child object (Child1 : ParentObject, Child2 : ParentObject)

Child1 has a property called ChildOne and Child2 has a property called ChildTwo.

Is there any way to show ChildOne and ChildTwo in the grid taking into account that such a property may not exist (since the object can be ParentObject, Child1 or Child2)

Thanks,
Jack

Thanks for your reply but i was actually looking for something else.

The code would be something like BindingList

ParentObj contains property Prop
ChildOne extends ParentObj and has a property called ChildOneProp
ChildTwo extends ParentObj and has a property called ChildTwoProp

So the BindingList contains object of type ParentObj which may as well be of type ChildOne or ChildTwo.

I need to gain access to ChildOneProp and ChildTwoProp and show them in my grid. Is this possible?

TE test June 5, 2008 09:06 AM UTC

anyone? its very crucial to get this working.

thx

NA Nisha Arockiya A Syncfusion Team August 6, 2008 09:27 AM UTC

Hi Jack,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

I could able to see the issue of BindingList bound to grid that you have mentioned here. On analysing i could find that it is impossible to bind the bindinglist of child to parent grid though it could access child's data.

Please let me know any for clarifications.
Regards,
Nisha.
>anyone? its very crucial to get this working.

thx

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon