We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Building the control from source

Hi, I'm new to Essential Suite. I am trying to include the Essential Edit in my solution. It builds ok but when I add the control to my toolbox I get an exception "Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Similarly when I try to access the control in my runtime application I get an error because the assembly's GetManifestResourceStream() method returns a null. The type is Bam.Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Edit.EditControl and the String is "Resources.STRING_EN". I realize these are somewhat separate problems but no doubt they are both related to an incorrect configuration. Does anyone have any pointers on setting up the C# project for the source? Thank you, Paul

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 25, 2003 04:31 PM UTC

Hi Paul, Please add the following attributes to your AssemblyInfo.cs file: [assembly: AssemblyDefaultAliasAttribute("Syncfusion.Edit")] set the information version to be 1.6.2.0 (or whatever version you are currently using) [assembly: AssemblyInformationalVersionAttribute("1.6.2.0")] One possible reason for assembly's GetManifestResourceStream() method returning a null is because you have changed the namespace from Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Edit.EditControl to Bam.Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Edit.EditControl and hence the control is unable to find the required assemblies. Please change it back to Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Edit.EditControl. Let us know how this goes. Regards, Guru Patwal.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon