We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Zoom to a Node inside a diagram

Is it possible to zoom into a specific child node of a group control on a diagram?

Say we have a group control with few children. When user selects a child node I want to zoom-in that particular node and fit in to view.

Thanks,
Babu

9 Replies

J. J.Nagarajan Syncfusion Team May 29, 2008 09:34 AM UTC

Hi Babu ,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Please refer to the attached sample that demonstrates to zoom in and zoomout the selected child nodes of a group.

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Diagram.Windows/F74031/main.htm

In this sample you can select the Ellipse or TextNode and you can Zoom-In and Zoom-Out the child nodes by using the corresponding buttons.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Nagaraj

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 29, 2008 04:00 PM UTC

Thank You Nagaraj.

But, I can't see that the child of a Grop control gets zoom-in and zoom-out (eg, m_innerEllipse of your MySymbol class) in your sample;instead the whole group box's zoom property is getting updated.

If we want to zoom-in a standard Node(say Ellipse, Rectangle etc), do we need to derive new classes from each of these Node type (say MyEllipse, MyRectange ect) and then update the protected BoundsInfo property? Does this sounds weird?

Thanks,
Babu

J. J.Nagarajan Syncfusion Team May 30, 2008 08:26 AM UTC

Hi Babu ,

I have modified the sample and attached here.

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Diagram.Windows/F74031_May30/main.htm

In this sample you can select the Ellipse or TextNode and you can zoom in and zoom out the child nodes.

Please refer to it and let me know if this helps.

Regards,
Nagaraj

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 30, 2008 04:46 PM UTC

Many Thanks Nagaraj.

WS Witold Slirz March 5, 2010 09:10 AM UTC

Could you update your links above?
We can't download these examples because " can't find the server at websamples.syncfusion.com."

DM Dinesh M Syncfusion Team March 9, 2010 10:14 AM UTC

Hi Witold,

Sorry ,we couldn't able to fix this broken link as the sample in it has been lost. Could you please let me know your exact requirement so that we would try to prepare a sample for it and update it to you.

Regards,
Dinesh

WS Witold Slirz March 10, 2010 01:11 PM UTC

Hello Dinesh,
Requirement is exactly like in original post here
"Say we have a group control with few children. When user selects a child node I want to zoom-in that particular node and fit in to view."

Cheers

DM Dinesh M Syncfusion Team March 23, 2010 02:43 PM UTC

Hi Witold,

Please check the sample attached and let me know whether it meets your requirement.

Regards,
Dinesh

Diagram_WF_ZoomToNode_cc141204.zip

WS Witold Slirz April 2, 2010 08:45 AM UTC

Thanks, it works

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon