We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Change the column width in GridDataBoundGrid

First in my application I don't need to bound the grid to any DataSource but at some point when I do that, the columns width is not reflecting the text length in the cells(I need some AutoResize). Thank you, Ionut Balas

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 24, 2003 08:40 AM UTC

If you want to autosize the columns to fit the text, you can call the ResizeToFit member of the ColWidths class. You can pass in any range you want to resize. This code does the whole table. grid.ColWidths.ResizeToFit(GridRangeInfo.Table(), GridResizeToFitOptions.IncludeHeaders); - Or - you could pass in only the visible cells range ( this.gridDataBoundGrid1.ViewLayout.VisibleCellsRange) You might also need to set gridDataBoundGrid1.AllowResizeToFit = False. If AllowResizeToFit is true, then the grid tries to autosize the columns based on the with of their header texts. This might interfere with the explicit sizing that you are trying to do. Stefan

IO ionutB September 24, 2003 08:52 AM UTC

Thank you, Stefan.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon