We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Display Update Progress As Text?

I would like to displayed specific text messages during a long process. I currently have the CallbackPanel display an image but I would like to be able to update the text so that the user can know what process is currently being worked on. Can this be done with your tools?

3 Replies

MW Melba Winshia Syncfusion Team May 27, 2008 09:59 AM UTC

Hi Aaron,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

You can use ProgressBar control to show the progress of a lengthy operation on the server with a live progress bar on the client. The progressbar percentage value gets updated in the ProgresBar using the UpdateProgress event. Please refer the sample in the below link which illustrates the above:

http://www2.syncfusion.com/samplebrowser/tools.web/samples/2.0/notificationpackage/progressbar/progressbar-%20basic%20features/progressbarinsideusercontrol/cs/ProgressBarInsideUserControl.aspx

Please try this and let me know if this helps.

Thanks,
Melba

AG Aaron Gorsky May 27, 2008 08:49 PM UTC

That is not what I am looking for. I want to be able to pass a text update back to the client (ex: Now processing A) instead of a percentage.

>Hi Aaron,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

You can use ProgressBar control to show the progress of a lengthy operation on the server with a live progress bar on the client. The progressbar percentage value gets updated in the ProgresBar using the UpdateProgress event. Please refer the sample in the below link which illustrates the above:

http://www2.syncfusion.com/samplebrowser/tools.web/samples/2.0/notificationpackage/progressbar/progressbar-%20basic%20features/progressbarinsideusercontrol/cs/ProgressBarInsideUserControl.aspx

Please try this and let me know if this helps.

Thanks,
Melba

MW Melba Winshia Syncfusion Team May 28, 2008 09:37 AM UTC

Hi Aaron,

Thank you for the update.

Setting Custom text to ProgressBar:

Our initial analysis indicates a possibility that the issue "Setting custom text to ProgressBar" could be a Feature Request. We will submit this to our developers for further analysis and get back to you with a status update on or before 30th May 2008.

Please let us know if you have any other concerns.

Regards,
Melba

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon