We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Selecting a color for a cell in a GridDataBoundGrid

Hi,

I would like some help with a problem in my system. I created a personalize GridDataBoundGrid with the visual effects that i want to my system. I use this datagrid in many parts of the system, so everywhere in the system he has the same look. But after clicking in one of the cells of any grid, i want to change the color of the text of that specific cell dinamically after that was clicked.

Well i tried to change the "GridDataBoundGrid .Style.TextColor" in the click event, but it won't change. I used a "gridBaseStyle" to set the default color of the grids, but now, i don't now how to change a individual cell.

Can you help me to find a solution for this?

4 Replies

JJ Jisha Joy Syncfusion Team May 26, 2008 05:16 AM UTC

Hi Daniel,

This can be achieved by handling the PrepareViewStyleInfo event of GridDataBoundGrid. Please refer the code:

this.gridDataBoundGrid1.PrepareViewStyleInfo += new Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridPrepareViewStyleInfoEventHandler(gridDataBoundGrid1_PrepareViewStyleInfo);

void gridDataBoundGrid1_PrepareViewStyleInfo(object sender, Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridPrepareViewStyleInfoEventArgs e)
{
if(this.gridDataBoundGrid1.CurrentCell.HasCurrentCellAt(e.RowIndex, e.ColIndex))
e.Style.TextColor = Color.Red;
}

Please refer the sample to illustrate this:

GDBGChangeColor.zip

Regrds,
Jisha

DS Daniel Santos de Carvalho May 26, 2008 06:42 PM UTC

Hi Jisha!

That is great, it is almost what i planned. But i wanted to change the color in a permanent way, after i click on the cell. Is there any way to use this event with the click event and a way to change the color of the cell that was clicked permanently?

Thanks a lot!

JJ Jisha Joy Syncfusion Team May 27, 2008 05:23 AM UTC

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for your update.

You need to handle the PrepareViewStyleInfo and Click event of GridDataBoundGrid.

Please refer the code:

ArrayList doubleClickedCells = new ArrayList();
void gridDataBoundGrid1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
int row, col;
Point pt = this.gridDataBoundGrid1.PointToClient(Cursor.Position);
if (this.gridDataBoundGrid1.PointToRowCol(pt, out row, out col))
{
int code = GetLookUpCode(row, col);
if (doubleClickedCells.IndexOf(code) == -1)
doubleClickedCells.Add(code);
else
doubleClickedCells.Remove(code);
this.gridDataBoundGrid1.RefreshRange(GridRangeInfo.Cell(row, col), true);
}
}

private int GetLookUpCode(int row, int col)
{ return 10000 * col + row; }

void gridDataBoundGrid1_PrepareViewStyleInfo(object sender, Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridPrepareViewStyleInfoEventArgs e)
{

if (doubleClickedCells.IndexOf(GetLookUpCode(e.RowIndex, e.ColIndex)) > -1)
{
e.Style.TextColor = Color.Blue;
}
}

Please refer the sample to illustrates this:

GDBGChangeColor.zip

Please let me know if this helps.

Regards,
Jisha

DS Daniel Santos de Carvalho May 28, 2008 01:14 PM UTC

Hi Jisha!

Thank you for you help, it worked perfectly! Thanks a lot!

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon