We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Scrollbar under header cells

How can i make the vertical scrollbar start under the header cells.

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 23, 2003 08:34 PM UTC

Check out the Essential Suite\Grid\Samples\Quick Start\ScrollBars sample. This shows how to use detached scrollbars with the grid. The idea would then be to use this approach and place the vertical scrollbar inside the client area of the grid below the headers. I think that could work. Stefan

CM Christian Morand March 8, 2004 06:21 AM UTC

Is there a way to have Vscroll bar to start under header cells and Hscroll bar to start at a specified column. I have a number of grids and GDBG where this would be a nice thing to have. I could use detached scrollbars but in most case it would require to much work due to grid and other controls positions. If nothing else exist could it be a feature request? Thanks in advance. Chris

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 8, 2004 07:56 AM UTC

There are no property setting to manage this. But I think it would be straight forward to set up a usercontrol that handled this for you. You could dock panel right and bottom. Then in the bottom panel, dock another panel left and dock fill your horizontal scrollbar. Then in the right panel dock two panel top and bottom, and then dock fill the vertical scrollbar. By sizing the top and bottom panels in the right panel, you can dynamically position the vertical scrollbar. By sizing the left panel in the bottom panel, you can dynamically position the horizontal scrollbar. Then you can dock fill a grid in the user control and set it to use these disconnected scrollbars. Then each time you need one of these special grids, use this usercontrol instead of the GridDataBoundGrid. You can expose a public field or property on the user control to directly access the grid. Below is a little sample showing what I mean. forum7378_4382.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon