We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

VS.NET 2003 Crashes with EssentialGrid and Visual Inheritance

Hello, I have a windows form with a gridRecordNavigation Component and a DataboundGrid component; I called it "form1". form1 is my base form , I inherit from it in another form (form2). Each time I open form2 using the visual designer VS.NET crash. I tried another project without EssentialGrid and everything is fine (Visual inheritance works nicely). Is anybody having the same problem ? I use : Essential Grid 1.6.1.0 VS.NET 2003 Architect C# Win 2000 Thanks

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 22, 2003 10:36 PM UTC

Sebastien, Essential Grid does right now not support Visual Inheritance. Right now the only product with Essential Suite that supports Visual Inheritance is Essential Tools. What we recommend instead is to derive a control from GridControl. You can then use this derived control within your form at design-time. When you want to use the derived control within forms in the same project there is a little trick how to add this control into your form without having to create a separate dll and then register this dll with VS.NET. Try to derive a control and then in your form drag a "Label" control into your form at design-time. Switch to Code View for the form and then do a replace all and replace "System.Window.Forms.Label" with "MyGridControl" (the name of your derived class). Now you can switch back to design view and adjust settings for the control at design-time. Stefan

SA Sebastien Astie September 24, 2003 07:04 PM UTC

Stephan, Thanks for your reply. Are you guys working on this issue or is it going to stay like that for a while ? Thanks Sebastien

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 24, 2003 07:23 PM UTC

It is not really a priority at this moment for us. Stefan

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon