We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

I want to improve the performance of GridDataBoundGrid

Hi i want to show the data in grid in pages, (like we dont with ADO.Pages,AbsolutePosition concept in VB6) Do we have any facility right now like we have navigator control for records can we have it for pages of records Any ideas / directives would be welcome Thanks in advance Rajaraman

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 22, 2003 04:34 PM UTC

The grid has no built-in support for pagination. What I would suggest is that you place some buttons in your form. In the buttons Click event handler you can then create a new datatable and fill it with the subset of data from the underlying datasource that you want to display for a given page. That datatable could then be assigned to the grid as grid.DataSource. The grid will then display that table. The following MSDN documentation (http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cpref/html/frlrfsystemwebuiwebcontrolsdatagridclassallowcustompagingtopic.asp) has some sample code how to manually create a DataTable and fill it with subset from data. See the ICollection CreateDataSource() method. Stefan

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon