We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

XpToolbar too slow

Hi I am using version 1.6.1.5 of syncfusion, if i remove the toolbar from my form, it gets loaded immediately, considerably good performance i am using a xptoolbar with 15 items inside it having images and text. and another xptoolbar having only one item (Help), because we cannot have a baritem right aligned in a form. i am using imagelist for loading images. but if i have a base form and put my xptoolbar there and inherit this while creating my form it is fast.but due to practical reasons i cannot have a base form. any other directives for improving the performance of the form having toolbar will be helpful Thanks Rajaraman

2 Replies

AS Arun Srinivasan Syncfusion Team September 22, 2003 01:01 PM UTC

Rajaraman, Have you taken a look at the following Knowledgebase article: 1.4 Why is there delay in some of the Syncfusion Controls when showed the first time? We recommend, that you pre-jit your application and our assemblies when you install on the client machine and you should notice improved performance. Arun

ST Steve November 3, 2003 01:05 PM UTC

I too am using the XP tool bar and have found the creation of the tool bar and initial form loading to be slow. Using a profiler the following function is the slowest in my application: void Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.XPMenus.MainFormNativeWnd.WndProc(ref Message m) Pre-jitting does improve performance, but not too a satisfactory level. I am using multiple menu items and toolbars in my application. Would creating a base form to inherit with this tool bar speed things up? Any assistance would be very much appreciated. Thanks,

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon