We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Programmatically made OrgChart questions/problems

Hi,

I'm currently trying to design an Org chart like the one attached with this message programmatically. I know I cannot generate something exactly like that, but I'm trying to make it the most easy possible for the user to edit it through the Diagram control to make it look like the picture.

For now I have a few problems for it.

1. The lines are always placed at the CenterPort. If I deactivate this option, When the UpdateLayout occur, everything is messed up. I want the user to be able to place the Line connectors wherever he want on the nodes when he edits it.

2. When I move the nodes around in the control after it have been generated, The lines are crossing each other, passing through the other nodes, which doesn't give a professional org chart.

3. Would it be possible that the LayoutManager design one of these "One of top of another" nodes, like the ones in the middle.

Thank you.

Diagramme.zip

1 Reply

FS Fathima Shalini P Syncfusion Team May 15, 2008 09:31 AM UTC

Hi Mathieu,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

1) To place the line conncetors other than central port:

We can place the line connector other than central port by setting EnableCentralPort of the node to false. We can also create new ports for a node and can connect the line connectors.

2) Line connectors should not pass through other nodes when moving nodes:

Essential Diagram has built-in support for automatic line routing usingL ineRoutingEnabled property. The line routing functionality uses a highly optimized routing
strategy to automatically route orthogonal links around existing diagram nodes. Otherwise we can send the line connector to back as described below:

this.diagram1.Model.SendToBack(lConnector);

Please find the simple sample and the video clip that illustrates the above:

Sample:

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Diagram.Windows/F73460/main.htm

VideoClip:

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Diagram.Windows/F73460/VideoClip.zip

3) Possibility for LayoutManager design one of these "One of top of another" nodes:

I am afarid that I was not much clear about your requirement. Could you please provide some more details regarding your requirement, so that it would help me in great to work out in depth and provide you a better solution?

Please let me know if any concerns.

Regards,
Fathima

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon