We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

ActiveX-Component in a ControlNode

I have a UserControl which hosts a ActiveX-Component. This UserControl is hosted by my ContainerNode, which is derived from Syncfusion's ControlNode.

My ContainerNode (incl. UserControl & ActiveX Component) looks and behalfs fine when it is active.

But when the ContainerNode is inactive, the ActiveX Component is invisible.

How can I make the ActiveX Component visible, even if it inactive?

Thank You!

11 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 14, 2008 07:03 AM UTC

Hi Josef,

Sorry for the delayed response.

I am afraid that I was not able to see that the ActiveX component is invisible when the ControlNode is inactive.

Please provide reproduce steps or try reproducing the issue in the attached sample and let me know if I missed out anything.

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Diagram.Windows/F73440/main.htm

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

Regards,
Jaya

GR Gruber June 10, 2008 11:40 AM UTC

I changed my program to the latest version of Syncfusion 6.3.0.6, but the problem is still here.
Then I tested your sample program and there is the same behaviour.Please run the attached program (I did some modifications).

Try:

Screen1.png: afer start up

Screen2.png: after double click on the ControlNode --->
Q1: Why is a double click necessary for the painting of the Browser?

Then click on the horizontal scroll bar in the Browser.

Screen3.png: after the click on the scroll bar.

Then click on the diagram control (== deselection of ControlNode)

Screen4.png: after the click on the diagram control. --->
Q2: The activeX-WebBrowser is invisible. Why?

Best Regards
Josef

Win_Tools_F73440_Modified_66f4793e.zip

J. J.Nagarajan Syncfusion Team June 16, 2008 09:24 AM UTC

Hi Josef ,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I was able to reproduce this issue in v6.3.0.6. I have logged a defect report in this regard and forwarded this to our development team for more analysis. I will get back to you with more details regarding this on or before 18th June 2008

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,
Nagaraj

GR Gruber July 16, 2008 11:26 AM UTC

Is there any progress on this issue?

Josef

J. J.Nagarajan Syncfusion Team July 17, 2008 06:21 AM UTC

Hi Josef ,

Sorry for the delay in gettting back to you. I have consulted with our developers and the fix will be available on July 31, 2008. I will get back to you with the patch including this fix on July 31.

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,
Nagaraj

GR Gruber September 4, 2008 06:42 AM UTC

Is there any progress on this issue?

Josef

J. J.Nagarajan Syncfusion Team September 4, 2008 12:02 PM UTC

Hi Josef ,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you . I have consulted with our developers and it is not seems to be a defect in diagram.

Please refer to the following link.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.windows.forms.control.drawtobitmap.aspx

The DrawToBitmap method is not supported for ActiveX controls. You can override the event OnPrint of the control and provide custom printing logic if required.

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks,
Nagaraj

JG Josef Gruber February 24, 2009 12:59 PM UTC

Hi!

No, this did not solve the problem.

I've overriden the OnPrint method in my usercontrol and invoked the DrawToBitmap method of the ActiveX-control. The result image is drawn on the Graphics object of the OnPrint method. Without success.

It is a customer request now.

Best Regards
Josef

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 28, 2009 06:02 AM UTC

Hi Josef,

As far as my analysis is concerned, there is nothing wrong with your userconrol or in our diagram control. I believe that the following concept has been missed out in your programming.
1.Your activeX control loads the webpage so definitely its going to take some load time.
2. But before even your control loads the page it has been drawn to the screen. So it is not showing any webpage in it.
3. Whenever you minimize and maximize or do some actions that make the form to paint again and at that time your activeX would have loaded the page in it and therefore when it is drawn at that time it will display the page.
4. So all you have to do is make your form or usercontrol to redraw itself once the page has been loaded completely.
5. I have added an event handler for DocumentComplete event of your AxSHDocVw control and this event will be fired once the page gets loaded and at that time refresh the form thereby making it to redraw.
6. Find the modified code of your usercontrol in the sample provide in the path below.
Note:The project has been upgraded to 2008 as i used VS 2008.

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/user/uploads/Win_Tools_F734402030546094.zip

Run the sample and wait for some time for the page to load and display.

I hope this will solve your problem and if so let me know if I can mark this incident as Closed.

Regards,
Dinesh

JG Josef Gruber March 10, 2009 02:50 PM UTC

Hi Dinseh,

I've understood the concept.

The problem is still here:

1.Run your sample.
2.Wait until the Syncfusion-webpage is loaded.
3. Click on any link on the syncfusion webpage (e.g. Login).
4. Click on the white background of the control diagram1 (type Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Diagram.Controls.Diagram); not on the node
5. The node with the Syncfusion webpage becomes white!
Why?

Thank you and Best Regards
Josef

DM Dinesh M Syncfusion Team September 30, 2009 11:55 AM UTC

Hi Josef,

The issue mentioned "ActiveX-Component in a ControlNode" will be followed up in the incident 53913.

Regards,
Dinesh

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon