We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Note Session Expired in CallBack Panel

Is there an easy way to determine on a callback that the session has expired, and if so redirect the user to a login page? On post back it is fairly trivial to check for the existence of session variable and then redirect. However, on callback redirect is not possible. I was looking into using a pop up window to provide the link, but how do I open a pop up from the server side code where I check my session variables from?

1 Reply

JA Janagan Syncfusion Team May 12, 2008 01:27 PM UTC

Hi Mark,

You can determine on a callback that the session has expired by the Aftercallbackresponsescript as mentioned in the code below:

protected void CallbackPanel1_CallbackRefresh(object sender, CancellableCallbackEventArgs e)

{

{
if (Context.Session.Timeout!=null)
{
//Session["ISTIMEOUT"] = false;
string szCookieHeader = Request.Headers["Cookie"];
if (Session.IsNewSession)
{
if ((null != szCookieHeader))
{
CallbackPanel1.AfterCallbackResponseProcessedScript = "window.location.rel='nofollow' href= 'Default.aspx'";
}
}
}

}
}

Please refer the sample in the link below which illustrates the above:

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Tools.Web/6.2.0.40/Tools_ASP_Logon/main.htm

Please try running this and let me know if this helps.

Regards,
Janagan.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon