We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

NumericUpDown cell in GridDataBoundGrid

Hi, How to place NumericUpDown cells in a GridDataBoundGrid ? My grid is bound to a DataTable, and I defined different column styles for my columns. One of them is set as NumericUpDown, with the CellValueType as Int32. The NumericUpDown control appears in the cells, but it's disabled (e.g. there's no way to click on the two small buttons). What did I miss ? Thank you.

6 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 19, 2003 10:06 AM UTC

Attached is a little sample. Are you explicitly setting the CellValueType style property as well as teh NumnericUpDown object?

CC Cyrille Claustre September 19, 2003 11:21 AM UTC

Well, I just simply don't understand... I copied / pasted my own grid into your sample and it works. The only difference was about the GridBoundColumns that I created with the wizard, but once again it works in your sample (with the same parameters). Is it possible taht the problem come from my DataTable ? The column containing the NumericUpDown is an it however...

CC Cyrille Claustre September 19, 2003 11:21 AM UTC

Well, I just simply don't understand... I copied / pasted my own grid into your sample and it works. The only difference was about the GridBoundColumns that I created with the wizard, but once again it works in your sample (with the same parameters). Is it possible taht the problem come from my DataTable ? The column containing the NumericUpDown is an int however...

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 19, 2003 03:15 PM UTC

Can you post a sample that does not work? Is your column readonly or have Enabled = False? This may cause a problem. If this column is a primary key, then it is not editable....

CC Cyrille Claustre September 23, 2003 05:04 AM UTC

Actually I can't send a code sample because my DataSet is filled by an ODBC connection to an MS Access database. Therefore I send you a code sample without the database. The table is named Penalties, and the printed fields are : - FirstName : string - Name : string - Duration : int - Comment : string This example is NOT runnable (no connection to a DB), but all the rest is as in my project. Thank you.

CC Cyrille Claustre September 23, 2003 12:27 PM UTC

I've just found out the problem. I don't know why, but Visual Studio changed my references to the 1.5 version... I changed them back to 1.6, then everything's ok.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon