We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

How to use the RowAccessibleObjects and CellAccessibleObjects of the Grid control?

I found that the syncfusion grid control has the RowAccessibleObjects and CellAccessibleObjects that provide the accessibility functionalities to the cell level. However, these properties are all internal properties that I can’t accessed. Although I can set the AccessibilityEnabled property to true to make the grid control accessible, but the grid control only return the GridDataBoundGridRecordAccessibleObject, which won’t navigate into its cell children.
So, how can I use the RowAccessibleObjects and CellAccessibleObjects to retrieve the accessible info of each cell in the grid?

2 Replies

HA haneefm Syncfusion Team April 24, 2008 08:52 PM UTC

Hi Richard,

GridDataBoundGrid has a protected method, CreateAccessibilityInstance, that allows you to create an AccessibleObject for the grid. From there, you can get GridDataBoundGridRecordAccessibleObject and GridDataBoundGridFieldHeaderAccessibleObject. So, the basic accessibilty support is already included. But generally, each application has to customize this support based on its needs.

Here is a minimal sample that shows you "How to customize the accessibilty object in a Grid?".
http://www.syncfusion.com/support/user/uploads/gdbg_accessibilty.zip

Best regards,
Haneef

DM Darren Mombourquette June 13, 2011 09:03 PM UTC

Would you be able to provide the exact same example but for a grouping grid? I tried to take this example but re-write it against a grouping grid but I'm running into many issues because the API's are different.
Thanks

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon