We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

How to modify appearance of only certain header cells?

I have a GridControl (v5.102.0.51) for which I have set two fixed column header rows, like so:

mygrid.Rows.HeaderCount = 2
mygrid.Rows.FrozenCount = 2

I want to change the style of the second header row but nothing I try seems to work. I've tried modifying mygrid.RowStyles(1), but the changes don't seem to stick.

What is the proper way to modify the appearance of individual header cells/rows?

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 1, 2008 10:48 PM UTC

HiDon,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

You need to handle PrepareViewStyleInfo event to set the style of the row in a GridControl. Please refer the below sample code for more details.

void gridControl1_PrepareViewStyleInfo(object sender, Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridPrepareViewStyleInfoEventArgs e)
{
if (e.RowIndex > 2 && e.RowIndex < 5)
{
e.Style.BackColor = Color.Cornsilk;
}
else if (e.RowIndex > 5 && e.RowIndex < 10)
{
e.Style.BackColor = Color.Gold;
}

}

Please let me know if this helps.

Best Regards,
Srirajan

DO Don April 2, 2008 10:12 AM UTC

Ah, that should do it. I was messing around with the PrepareViewStyleInfo event, but I was always getting stack overflows because I was setting the style property of the grid directly instead of using the Style member of the 'e' parameter. Silly me.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon