We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Value cannot be null.Parameter name: note

I m trying to uplaod an excel sheet and trying to extract the values from it.

here's the code i've written

ExcelEngine excelEngine = new ExcelEngine();
excelEngine.ThrowNotSavedOnDestroy = false;

IApplication application = excelEngine.Excel;

IWorkbook inspectionReportWorkbook;
try
{
inspectionReportWorkbook = excelEngine.Excel.Workbooks.Open(OverrideReportFileUpload.FileContent);
}
catch (Exception ex)
{

}
I get the following error.
===================
StackTrace " at Syncfusion.XlsIO.Implementation.Shapes.CommentShapeImpl.ParseNoteRecord(Int32 iObjectId)\r at Syncfusion.XlsIO.Implementation.Shapes.CommentShapeImpl..ctor(IApplication application, Object parent, MsofbtSpContainer container, ExcelParseOptions options)\r at Syncfusion.XlsIO.Implementation.ApplicationImpl.CreateCommentShapeImpl(Object parent, MsofbtSpContainer container, ExcelParseOptions options)\r at Syncfusion.XlsIO.Implementation.Collections.ShapesCollection.CreateShape(TObjType objType, MsofbtSpContainer shapeContainer, ExcelParseOptions options)\r at Syncfusion.XlsIO.Implementation.Collections.ShapeCollectionBase.AddShape(MsofbtSpContainer shapeContainer, ExcelParseOptions options)\r at Syncfusion.XlsIO.Implementation.Collections.ShapeCollectionBase.AddShape(MsoBase shape, ExcelParseOptions options)\r at Syncfusion.XlsIO.Implementation.Collections.ShapeCollectionBase.Parse(MsofbtSpgrContainer container, ExcelParseOptions options)\r at Syncfusion.XlsIO.Implementation.Collections.ShapeCollectionBase.ParseMsoDgContainer(MsofbtDgContainer dgContainer, ExcelParseOptions options)\r at Syncfusion.XlsIO.Implementation.Collections.ShapeCollectionBase.ParseMsoStructures(ArrayList arrStructures, ExcelParseOptions options)\r at Syncfusion.XlsIO.Implementation.WorksheetBaseImpl.ExtractMSODrawing(Int32 startIndex, ExcelParseOptions options)\r at Syncfusion.XlsIO.Implementation.WorksheetBaseImpl.Parse()\r at Syncfusion.XlsIO.Implementation.WorkbookImpl.ParseWorksheets()\r at Syncfusion.XlsIO.Implementation.WorkbookImpl.Parse(BiffReader reader, ExcelParseOptions options, String password)\r at Syncfusion.XlsIO.Implementation.WorkbookImpl..ctor(IApplication application, Object parent, Stream stream, ExcelParseOptions options)\r at Syncfusion.XlsIO.Implementation.ApplicationImpl.CreateWorkbook(Object parent, Stream stream)\r at Syncfusion.XlsIO.Implementation.Collections.WorkbooksCollection.Open(Stream stream)\r at adminportal_inspectionreport.OverrideReportButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\\Viraj\\SAS_live code\\SAS\\adminportal\\inspectionreport.aspx.cs:line 799" string
===========
can somebody tell me what is this ?

Thanks

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 27, 2008 07:35 AM UTC

Hi Viraj,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

I am not able to reproduce the error that you mentioned here. I have created a simple sample and tested in the following
environment Windows Xp with service pack2, VS 2005, .Net framework2.0, V6.1.0.34, office 2002. But the issue not reproduced.

http://websamples.syncfusion.com//samples/XlsIO.Web/6.1.0.34/72571/main.htm

Please have a look at the above sample and if still the issue exists, could you please try reproducing it in the above sample and send us the modified sample so that we could sort out the cause of the issue and provide you a solution?

Also, Please provide your system details and office version.

Regards,
G.Yavana

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon