We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

toolStripEx collapses if form resizes

Hello!

I'm using toolStripEx to show some controls in my application. Because It seems that toolStripEx control doesn't have the docking option, I implemented it in my app programmicaly. I used the Forms Resize event and resize also the toolStripEx control, when the Resize event triggers. It works fine but not when I'm changing the size of the Form to lower width as the toolStripEx control has. The control kind of collapses. So I used the ResizeBegin event to change the size of the toolStripEx control to width=1, heigth=1 before I resize the Form. It sloved my problem but the problem actually still remains. When the Form is in maximized state and the user restores the Forms size, the ResizeBegin event does not launch so the toolStripEx control collapses.

I'm using Syncfusion Essential studio 6.1.0.34.

Thanks for your help!

Regards.

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 18, 2008 11:50 AM UTC

Hi Funky,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

1)Dock property in toolStripEx
You can use the Dock property to dock the toolstripEx control onto the form this.toolstripEx1.Dock = Top. The toolstrip automatically resizes with the form and its works fine. Please refer the sample in this link:

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Tools.Windows/F72362/main.htm

2)Control collapses on Form Resize
Can we have more details on this like screenshots, code snippets or could you reproduce the issue in the above sample so that we can work in depth and send a better solution?

Regards,
Anupama

FU Funky March 19, 2008 12:41 PM UTC

Hello!

I forgot to explain the actual hierarchy of my controls on the form - the toolStripEx isn't added direct to the form. First I used the RibbonControlAdv tasks to add a "main tab item" and a control toolStripTabItem became visible on the form. That control offers the RibbonPanel Tasks in which I used the Add ToolStrip option. That's the way how I have the toolStripEx control. By default the Docking option is set to none, I tried all options for Docking and also set Ancor but never got a behaving that will expand the toolStripEx when the Form gets resized.

I attached three screenshots to visualy describe the behaving of colapsing the control when it doesn't fit in the container.
first: the form is bigger size than the toolStripEx
second: the process of resizing the form (it shows that the toolStripEx wouldn't fit in the container after resizing)
third: the collapsed state of the toolStripEx control

I think that this is normal behaving of the control you want. It's just that I want the control to be docked - then this behavin wouldn't be an issue for me.

Thanks for your help!

Regards.

states.zip

FU Funky March 28, 2008 11:51 AM UTC

Hello!

It's me again. Because it seems that we're not going to solve mentioned problem, I'll use the tabControlAdv instead of the ribbonControlAdv and add modify the visual style with pictures (on mouse over button, mouse leave button events). I'm just wondering if I could somehow use the tabControlAdv as a replacement of the ribbonControlAdv and how to add it to the ribbon? I could add it to the Form but I want it on the ribbon.

Is this possible?

Thanks,

regards.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 31, 2008 05:46 AM UTC

Hi Funky,

Thank you for your update.

1) To add support to dock ToolStripEx in RibbonControlAdv's ToolStripTabItem.

We regret to let you know that currently we do not provide support to dock ToolStripEx in RibbonControlAdv's ToolStripTabItem in our code libary. We have notiifed our developers regarding this. We will update you once we getback from them.

2) Using TabControlAdv in Ribbon Form:

It is possible to use TabControlAdv in Ribbon Form. Please find the simple sample in the following link:

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Tools.Windows/F72362_1/main.htm

Note: The ControlBox of the RibbonForm is not displayed when using TabcontrolAdv. But it is visible when using RibbonControlAdv.

Please let me know if any concerns.

Regards,
Fathima

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon