We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Load Schedule data on demand

Hi! All

I'm very new to Syncfusion controls and currently I'm involved in using scheduler controls to show work schedules of person which stored in SQL server DB. Amount of data to bind in to scheduler can be very large depending on the person. I just want to know what should be the best approach to handle situation like this in schedule control. Is it possible load schedule information on-demand instead of loading all schedule information at once?

thanks in advance..

4 Replies

RI Risath March 10, 2008 03:14 AM UTC

How to load and bind schedule data on demand when the selected date/s changed?

Hi everyone,

I also have the similar requirement.

I want to load schedule data from database for a particular user on demand.
I should be able to load the data for a specific period based on the dates/s the user selects from the calendar of the schedule control.
Because the user has huge amount of schedule data assigned for him/her in the database and I'm not allowed to load them all say inside the Form_Load event time for performance and security reasons.

1. How can I trap the date changes of the calendar?
2. Where can I write the code to reload the items for the selected date/s and reassign the loaded new data to the data source and force the schedule control to show that new data?

Please give me some idea with sample code. This is urgent for me.

Thanks in advance.

Risath

>Hi! All

I'm very new to Syncfusion controls and currently I'm involved in using scheduler controls to show work schedules of person which stored in SQL server DB. Amount of data to bind in to scheduler can be very large depending on the person. I just want to know what should be the best approach to handle situation like this in schedule control. Is it possible load schedule information on-demand instead of loading all schedule information at once?

thanks in advance..

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 12, 2008 07:28 AM UTC

Hi,

Please refer the follwing sample in the sample browser to implement this behavoiur.
{install drive}\Documents and Settings\{username}\My Documents\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\6.1.0.34\Windows\Schedule.Windows\Samples\2.0\ScheduleSampleWithRecurrences

This sample uses a ScheduleControl on a Form. It also has menu items that illustrates various properties and settings of the ScheduleControl. It loads a sample appointments file that holds some appointments. In addition, this data provider uses appointment objects that implement the IRecurringScheduleAppointment interface to allow you to use recurring appointments in the sample.

Kindly try this and let me know if this helps.
Regards,
Jisha

AN Anonymous March 14, 2008 01:57 PM UTC

Here is a sample that has a DataProvider that uses DataTables with an MDB file data store. This provider will load the appointment data on demand. It does this by overriding the IScheduleAppointmentList GetSchedule method in the provider and loading only the appointments for the requested dates. There is a setting that turns on/off this OnDemandLoading. You do this by passing in true or false when you use the MDB_ScheduleDataProvider constructor to create the data provider. So, you could use this data provider to get the OnDemand loading.

If you have your own data provider, you could do something similar in an IScheduleAppointmentList GetSchedule override to load your data on demand.

ScheduleWithMDBsupport.zip

RI Risath April 1, 2008 11:14 AM UTC

Thank you very much for the valuable reply.

>Here is a sample that has a DataProvider that uses DataTables with an MDB file data store. This provider will load the appointment data on demand. It does this by overriding the IScheduleAppointmentList GetSchedule method in the provider and loading only the appointments for the requested dates. There is a setting that turns on/off this OnDemandLoading. You do this by passing in true or false when you use the MDB_ScheduleDataProvider constructor to create the data provider. So, you could use this data provider to get the OnDemand loading.

If you have your own data provider, you could do something similar in an IScheduleAppointmentList GetSchedule override to load your data on demand.

ScheduleWithMDBsupport.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon