We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Rich Text Editor issue

Hi,

I am attempting to use the Rich Text Editor in a website i am working on, but i am recieveing javascript errors when running the web application, the editor is on a control (.ascx) that is in a master page framework.

The error is caused by the following eval line:

_sfviasys_ContentPane_viasysCMS_viasysTABCONTAINER_pageView0Control_specialTerms_GDD_FS

I have validation controls on my forms and the editor is attempting to postback even though i have set the HTML enablecallbacks/enabledpostbacks to false.

Can anyone help?

Regards
Neil

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 1, 2008 04:47 AM UTC

Hi Neil,

Thank you for your patience.

Issue 1: Rich Text Editor in a website i am working on, but i am recieveing javascript errors when running the web application

I am afraid that I was not able to reproduce the issue. I am able to run the application without any issue when RichTextEditor placed in Usercontrol (.ascx) that is in a master page framework. Please refer the sample in the below link which illustrates the above:

Issue 2 : validation controls on my forms and the editor is attempting to postback even though i have set the HTML enablecallbacks/enabledpostbacks to false.

I am afraid that I was not able to reproduce the issue. I have placed a Breakpoints in pageload. But the page is not postbacks when HTML enablecallbacks/enabledpostbacks is set false for RichTextEditor.
I can able to see that the validation control is fired even when the HTML enablecallbacks/enabledpostbacks is set false for RichTextEditor. But you can solve this issue by using ValidationGroup and validation summary. If you set the ValidationGroup name for particular control [Textbox1,button1] and validation summary for that group, You can avoid the validation control fired when other button click events like richTextEditor or rather than button1.

Please refer the Video Clip in the below link which illustrates the above:

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Tools.Web/6.1.0.34/72004/72004_Video.zip

Please refer the sample in the below link which illustrates the above:

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Tools.Web/6.1.0.34/72004/main.htm

Please try running the above sample and let me know if this helps.

Regards,
Vishnu.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon