We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Losing format when using document that contains table

Hi,

I am using ES Ver 4.1 and I have following two questions:

1. While reading .DOC file that contains table with formatting (background color etc), the format is getting lost when I save the file back.

2. The version of library I am using does not have CellFormat.BackColor property.. Is there any other way I can set the cell back color ?

Thanks,
Shridhar

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 25, 2008 08:13 AM UTC

Hi Shridhar,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

1.While reading .DOC file that contains table with formatting (background color etc), the format is getting lost when I save the file back.

I am afraid that I was not able to reproduce the issue that you have mentioned here. I have created a simple sample to test this issue and it is available in the following link:

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/DocIO.Windows/I-41734/main.htm

2.The version of library I am using does not have CellFormat.BackColor property.. Is there any other way I can set the cell back color ?

I am glad to inform you that the feature of CellFormat.Backcolor property has been included in the latest public release of Essential Studio 2008 volume1.

You can download the latest version from the following forum thread:

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/Forums/message.aspx?&MessageID=70234

Unlock key:

If your Essential Studio license is current, you will be able to obtain the key to install this version from your account in DirectTrac. Otherwise, please contact your Syncfusion Sales Representative or e-mail salessupport@syncfusion.com.

You can use the following code for setting backcolor for cells:

[C#]

table.Rows[0].Cells[3].CellFormat.BackColor = System.Drawing.Color.Brown;

Please let me know if you have any other concerns.

Regards,
G.Yavana

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon