We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

DOC TO PDF - Word Wrap

Hi,
i m having a problem when generating a pdf file from a word document.

When i generated the pdf, the lines in the pdf file break strangely.

Plz go through the attached zip file. you need to put "syncfusionTest.doc" in c:\ so the code can read it.

Once the pdf is generated, you will come to know what i mean. the line alignment is not the same.

Thanks

syncFusionTest.zip

5 Replies

VK Vishnu Kumar Syncfusion Team February 14, 2008 11:48 AM UTC

Hi Viraj,

Thanks for the sample.

Issue : problem when generating a pdf file from a word document.

We do not provide support for PDF logical model and Doc to PDF conversion. We do not officially supported converting Word documents to PDF. However, we provided as a utility to do this conversion. Only for those documented generated using by our DocIO. But now we have removed support for these features. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Version 5.2 of Essential PDF is a complete rewrite, so the APIs are not compatible with the previous version of Essential PDF. For applications that use all previous versions of Essential PDF, please refer to Syncfusion.Pdf.Legacy.Base.dll which is included with v6.1 for maintaining compatibility and your application should work without any problem. We recommend using new library for any new development work since it will be actively supported and enhanced. We regret for the inconvenience caused.

Please take a look into the release notes for more information:
http://www2.syncfusion.com/Installs/v5.2.0.25/release_notes/ReleaseNotes.htm

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Regards,
Vishnu.

VD Viraj Doshi February 15, 2008 09:29 PM UTC

Hi Vishnu,
Thanks for your reply.

I m not sure what to do now. we have the compoent running live in our system and this bug is causing the problems.

R u suggesting me to upgrade to version 5.2 ? I m looking to generate pdf files from word documents nomatter how do i do it and with what versoin i do it. Can u suggest me a work around ? is there any link or resource or tutorial that u can provide me which would help me to generate a pdf from database values runtime ?

If i do not convert word to pdf (in that case, i have t rewrite the whole logic again), will i get the correct result ?

Thanks

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 18, 2008 12:19 PM UTC

Hi Viraj,

Thank you for your patience.

Issue : problem when generating a pdf file from a word document.

The new version of Essential PDF has been designed for ease of use and performance but will lack some features available in the old version. We do not provide support for PDF logical model and Doc to PDF conversion .The new version of PDF does not support reading PDF documents, however it will be added in future release. Sorry for the inconvenience.

But you can read the word document into PDF using DocIO library. This can be achieved by enumerating the document elements and write its content into PDF.

Please refer the sample below and let me know if this helps.

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/DocIO.Windows/P38607/main.htm

But you need to manually control the document elements in the PDF document.

Please let me know if you have any other Concerns.

Regards,
Bhuvana

VI Viraj February 26, 2008 08:05 PM UTC

Hi
Thanks for the reply.

I m attaching a samle document which contains the placeholders and some static text. I want to generate pdf using C# code and the placeholders would be populated with database values.

I was donig this using pdfLogicDocument but i found out from your website that pdfLogicDocument bugs are not suppported any more. now my question is, how can i generate a pdf on runtime by reading a word document, injecting database values and outpout it as pdf. what version should i use ? i currently have v4.4.0.51. I do not have problem upgrading to latest version but once i do that, the output of the pdf files should be consistent. The pdf should look same as the original word document. only the placeshoulder should be placed at runtime with database values. The output pdf also needs to contain bulleted list items (from the database).

plz guide me how to do this. Thanks

syncFusion_Sample.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 25, 2008 10:07 AM UTC

Hi Viraj,

Thanks for the update.

As we said in the last update we have stopped support for PDFLogicalDocument and Doc to PDF support. Due to some issues and we don't have any immediate plan to implement this feature.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Regards,
Bhuvana

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon