We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

XLS to PDF generated Cellsborders in final PDF

Hi there,

I am evaluating your products palette to verify if your products are usable for server-side printing issues.

Now I have a problem while converting XLS to PDF for further printing..

Attached I have added the source xls and the resulting pdf.

Following there is the source code in C#:

using (ExcelEngine engine = new ExcelEngine())
{
IApplication app = engine.Excel;
IWorkbook wb = app.Workbooks.Open(fileName);

wb.SaveAsXml(temp, ExcelXmlSaveType.DLS);

PDFLogicDocument pdf = new PDFLogicDocument();
pdf.OpenXml(temp);
pdf.Save(testPdf);
}

Content.zip

5 Replies

BP Bhuvaneswari P Syncfusion Team February 13, 2008 08:51 AM UTC

Hi Luke,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Excel to PDF

Currently we do not provide support for PDF Logical model and Excel to PDF conversion. We do not officially support converting Excel to PDF. However, we provided as a utility to do this conversion. Only for those documented generated using by our XlsIO. But now we have removed support for these features.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Best Regards,
Bhuvana

DN David Nelson April 2, 2008 09:35 PM UTC

Hi, Is there anyway to convert or output an excel document created by XlsIO to pdf or html format?

Thanks

David

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 3, 2008 04:50 AM UTC

Hi David,

As we said early we don't have support this feature. But you can read the Excel file into PDF document using XlsIO library. This can be achieved by enumerating the all the cells and write its content into PDF document using PDF table.

Please refer the sample below and let me know if this helps.

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/XlsIO.Windows/P41685_2/main.htm

But you need to manually control the excel cells in the PDF document, for more feature you need to enhance it.

Best Regards,
Bhuvana

DT Dong Tang January 23, 2009 08:41 PM UTC

Two questions regarding xls to PDF:

1. We have EssentialStudio 7.1.0.21 now, do we have this feature now? I am talking about those those document generated by your XlsIO

2. in one of the reply above, you said "...
We do not officially support converting Excel to PDF. However, we provided as a utility to do this conversion. Only for those documented generated using by our XlsIO. But now we have removed support for these features...". Does this mean the "utility" is still there, just no support? if so I want to try it on my own.

Thanks!

Dongjiang

DT Dong Tang January 23, 2009 08:51 PM UTC

also, can you confirm if class PDFLogicDocument still exists in the 7.1.0.21 version?

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon