We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Redo Undo

Hello
I have a major problem with the Undo Redo mechanism.
I am adding a LineConnector to the diagram executing an undo command Redo command and then another undo results as the following bug ,
Doing the same thing with a Rect Works just fine.
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Insertion index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than or equal to size.
Parameter name: index
at System.Collections.ArrayList.Insert(Int32 index, Object value)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Diagram.CollectionEx.InsertValue(Int32 index, Object value)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Diagram.CollectionEx.System.Collections.IList.Insert(Int32 index, Object value)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Diagram.CollectionModifyCommand.Undo()
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Diagram.MacroCmd.Undo()
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Diagram.HistoryManager.Undo()
at Studio.Design.Editors.Workflow.DiagramPresenter.UndoStack_WorkflowUndone(Object sender, UndoEventArgs e) in C:\e-Glue\Direct 7\Source\Direct 7.0\Studio\Infrastructure\Studio.Design.Editors.Workflow.Implementation\Presenter\DiagramPresenter.cs:line 301
at Studio.Dom.Undo.UndoStack.Undo() in C:\e-Glue\Direct 7\Source\Direct 7.0\Studio\Infrastructure\Studio.Dom\Undo\UndoStack.cs:line 150
at Studio.Shell.Library.ShellForm.OnEditUndo(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\e-Glue\Direct 7\Source\Direct 7.0\Studio\Shell\Studio.Shell.Library\ShellForm.cs:line 586
at Microsoft.Practices.CompositeUI.Commands.Command.OnExecuteAction(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\e-Glue\Direct 7\Source\Direct 7.0\Shared\CAB\CompositeUI\Commands\Command.cs:line 230
at Microsoft.Practices.CompositeUI.Commands.CommandAdapter.FireCommand() in C:\e-Glue\Direct 7\Source\Direct 7.0\Shared\CAB\CompositeUI\Commands\CommandAdapter.cs:line 123
at Infragistics.Practices.CompositeUI.WinForms.Commands.ToolBaseCommandAdapter.OnEventInvoked(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\e-Glue\Direct 7\Source\Direct 7.0\Shared\CAB\Infragistics.CompositeUI.WinForms\Commands\ToolBaseCommandAdapter.cs:line 68
at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.ToolClickEventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, ToolClickEventArgs e)
at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.UltraToolbarsManager.OnToolClick(ToolClickEventArgs e)
at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.UltraToolbarsManager.FireEvent(ToolbarEventIds id, EventArgs e)
at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.ToolBase.OnToolClick()
at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.ButtonToolUIElement.DoClickProcessing(MouseEventArgs e)
at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.ButtonToolUIElement.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at Infragistics.Win.ControlUIElementBase.ProcessMouseUpHelper(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e)
at Infragistics.Win.ControlUIElementBase.ProcessMouseUp(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e)
at Infragistics.Win.Utilities.ProcessEvent(Control control, ProcessEvent eventToProcess, EventArgs e)
at Infragistics.Win.UltraControlBase.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.UltraToolbarsDockArea.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

8 Replies

MW Melba Winshia Syncfusion Team February 13, 2008 09:44 AM UTC

Hi Shavit,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

I am afraid that I was not able to reproduce this issue. I have tested this issue by adding LineConnector to the diagram with our latest version Essential Studio 2008 Volume 1. Please refer the below video clip:

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/user/uploads/TestVideo_7ea0a69b.zip

Please have a look at the above video clip and let me know if I am missing something.

Thanks,
Melba

SR Shavit Roee February 14, 2008 11:52 AM UTC

Hello Melba,
I have found the bug regarding the Undo/Redo, it took me a lot of time to figure it out, the problem has to do with a Node property "EnableCentralPort = false" which causes the exception. I think I also found a bug regarding the "HistoryManager.GetRedoDescriptions()" function that sometimes throws an exception.
Please run the example I am sending you to verify that I am correct
1. Add a line press undo, redo, undo it will cause a crash.
2. Unmark the remark on
string[] str = HistoryManagerRedoTransactionsNumber();
Add a line change its position 2-3 times and press undo then redo until the application crashes ;

Thanks,
Roee Shavit

>Hi Shavit,

I am afraid that I was not able to reproduce this issue. I have tested this issue by adding LineConnector to the diagram with our latest version Essential Studio 2008 Volume 1. Please refer the below video clip:

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/user/uploads/TestVideo_7ea0a69b.zip

Please have a look at the above video clip and let me know if I am missing something.

Thanks,
Melba

syncfusion.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 19, 2008 11:49 AM UTC

Hi Shavit,

I regret for the delayed response.

I was not able to find sample with this zipped file (syncfusion.zip) and a word document is only present inside this zipped file. Could you please provide a working sample in which this issue occurs, so that we could analyze this issue further and sort out the cause of this issue and provide you a solution?

Thanks,
Melba

SR shavit Roee February 19, 2008 01:23 PM UTC

>Hi Shavit,

I regret for the delayed response.

I was not able to find sample with this zipped file (syncfusion.zip) and a word document is only present inside this zipped file. Could you please provide a working sample in which this issue occurs, so that we could analyze this issue further and sort out the cause of this issue and provide you a solution?

Thanks,
Melba

ForMelba.zip

RS Roee Shavit February 20, 2008 07:09 AM UTC

Hello Melba
try to open the Formelba.zip
have a nice day

ForMelba.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 21, 2008 09:31 AM UTC

Hi Shaveet

The issues "Exception thrown on Undo/Redo Actions when EnableCentralPort=false" and "HistoryManager.GetRedoDescriptions() throws an Exception on Redo Operation" are suspected to be a defects and we have sent this to our development team for more analysis.
Sorry for the inconvinience.

Please let me know if you need any furthur assistance.

Regards,
Anupama

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 27, 2008 10:50 AM UTC

Hi Shaveet,

The issue of 'Exception thrown on Undo/Redo Actions when EnableCentralPort=false' has been confirmed as a defect and a defect report has been created. You can track the status of this defect in the following link:

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/issues/diagram/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=9067

I will get back to you once this issue has been fixed.

Regards,
Manopriya

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 3, 2008 10:22 AM UTC

Hi Shaveet,

Thank you for your patience.

The issue of 'Exception thrown on Undo/Redo Actions when EnableCentralPort=false' has been fixed. The fix for this defect is available in our Development build v6.2.0.21.

Please refer to the below link for the weekly development build updates.
http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/product/build.aspx

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Manopriya

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon