We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

ComboBoxExt readonly property does not work.

Hi, Even after setting the Readonly property of a ComboBoxExt to true, I can still edit (type in chars) in the text in the combobox. The drop down button looks disabled, but it can be dropped down and select items in it. 1. Run the ComboBoxExtDemo. 2. Click in Comb with listbox. 3. Change the DropDown to DropdownList. 4. Set ReadOnly to true. Notice that it is not painted properly. You can see some white border around the textbox. When I minimize/restore, it repaints properly. Toggle Readonly to True/False and see the painting problems. 5. Now start typing "hello". It takes the keystrokes. 6. Mouse down in the drop down button and leave it somewhere else in the button, you will see a disabled-looking listbox. You can drag and select the items in the listbox. A Readonly property is of no use if we can not prevent the user from editing values. Please look into it. thanks, - Reddy

6 Replies

AS Arun Srinivasan Syncfusion Team September 15, 2003 12:54 PM UTC

Hi Reddy I have brought the issues regarding the ReadOnly property to the attention of the Essential Tools team. They have informed me that it will be fixed in the next build. I will update you on as soon as a new build is ready. Sorry for the inconvenience caused. Arun

AS Arun Srinivasan Syncfusion Team September 16, 2003 02:49 PM UTC

Hi Reddy The issue with the ReadOnly property has been taken care of and will be part of the fixes available in the next build. We were unable to reproduce the painting problems you refer to. Can you post more details like the OS and the version of VS .NET. Thanks Arun

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 16, 2003 06:30 PM UTC

Hi Arun, I am using Windows XP SP1, .VS.NET 2003, Syncfusion 1.6.1.5. Please find the attached zip file with word document in it. To reproduce follow my instructions in my earlier post in the same thread. Looks like the area around the textbox is not getting painted properly (refreshed) when readonly is changed. thanks, - Reddy

AS Arun Srinivasan Syncfusion Team September 17, 2003 11:29 PM UTC

Reddy Thanks for the information. We are looking into this issue but the problem seems to sporadic based on the OS and the version of Essential Tools. I will post an update as soon as I have more information. Arun

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 27, 2003 08:39 PM UTC

Hi, I am using 1.6.1.8 Tools on VS.NET 2003/WinXP/Win2k. When you set a comboboxext.ReadOnly = true, you can select the combbox and use the mouse wheel to change the items. It should not let you change the item selection when the comboboxext is readonly. You can try this in the ComboboxExtDemo. thanks, - Reddy

AS Arun Srinivasan Syncfusion Team October 28, 2003 02:17 PM UTC

Hi Reddy Yes, using the scroll wheel of the mouse, the values can be changed. We will take care of this right away. In the mean time you could work around by setting the TabStop property of the control to False. Sorry for the inconvenience caused. Regards, Arun > Hi, > > I am using 1.6.1.8 Tools on VS.NET 2003/WinXP/Win2k. > > When you set a comboboxext.ReadOnly = true, you can select the combbox and use the mouse wheel to change the items. It should not let you change the item selection when the comboboxext is readonly. > > You can try this in the ComboboxExtDemo. > > thanks, > - Reddy

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon