We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

Setting cell format for edit box

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

712 Aug 4,2002 09:54 AM Aug 5,2002 08:53 AM Windows Forms 1
Tags: GridControl
Ries Vriend
Asked On August 4, 2002 09:54 AM

Hi, I have a grid with a datetime column. I've set the GridStyleInfo.Format for this column to "d MMM yyyy". When the user starts editing this cell, the full date+time is displayed instead of the configured format. How can I configure the grid so that it displays the custom format in the edit box (and also handles the parsing for this custom format)? -Ries

Stefan Hoenig [Syncfusion]
Replied On August 5, 2002 08:53 AM

Hello, we'll have a newer build shortly this week and there we actually made the following changes: 1) The default behavior is that the TextBox will display the same text that is shown in the cell and not the unformatted text. This text is determined by calling GridStyleInfo.GetFormattedText. 2) When the textbox is initialized with the text, a CurrentCellInitializeControlText event is raised. This lets you change the text that should be displayed in the active text box. This gives you a hook where you can then specify to show the unformatted and raw text for the cell. Stefan

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;