We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

DataSourceControlRowUpdating event not firing

Hi,

I'm using GridGroupingControl and I set the row update event like this,

this.GridGroupingControl1.DataSourceControlRowUpdating += new GridDataSourceControlRowUpdateEventHandler(this.RowUpdating);

where RowUpdating is a private method for updating my database. Unfortunately the event didn't fire up.

4 Replies

EM Emmanuel January 21, 2008 10:46 AM UTC

I think there is a problem with template columns on this one. I tried to insert a data with a template column and a dropdownlist inside and it works fine but for some reason during edit/update it will not work.

VK Vishnu Kumar Syncfusion Team January 21, 2008 12:54 PM UTC

Hi Emmanuel,

Thank you for posting your query to us.

Issue 1 :where RowUpdating is a private method for updating my database. Unfortunately the event didn't fire up.

I am afraid that I was not able to reproduce the issue. RowUpdating event is fired when editing the GGC with templates. Also I have created a simple sample to test this issue and it is available in the following link.

http://websamples.syncfusion.com//samples/Grid.Web/6.1.0.34/71175/main.htm

Please have a look at the above sample and if still the issue exists, could you please try reproducing it in the above sample and send us modified sample so that we could sort out the cause of the issue and provide you a solution?

Regards,
Vishnu.

EM Emmanuel January 22, 2008 12:49 AM UTC

Hi Vishnu,

Kesahi.

I already solved this issue with CurrentRecordContextChange event while retaining the DataSourceControlRowUpdating event. I don't why it was not firing the DataSourceControlRowUpdating event before but all other events like Adding and Deleting are okay. Anyway thanks for the reply.

>Hi Emmanuel,

Thank you for posting your query to us.

Issue 1 :where RowUpdating is a private method for updating my database. Unfortunately the event didn't fire up.

I am afraid that I was not able to reproduce the issue. RowUpdating event is fired when editing the GGC with templates. Also I have created a simple sample to test this issue and it is available in the following link.

http://websamples.syncfusion.com//samples/Grid.Web/6.1.0.34/71175/main.htm

Please have a look at the above sample and if still the issue exists, could you please try reproducing it in the above sample and send us modified sample so that we could sort out the cause of the issue and provide you a solution?

Regards,
Vishnu.

VK Vishnu Kumar Syncfusion Team January 22, 2008 10:38 AM UTC

Hi Emmanuel,

Thank you for your update.

Please let us know if you have any other concerns.

Regards,
Vishnu.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon